City as a Startup (CaaS) was founded by Venture for America fellows with a simple purpose – to bring together smart, motivated people who are passionate about improving their communities.
The summit will feature 4 individual sessions, including keynote speaker Leslie Miley, Director of Engineering at Slack and West Coast President of Venture for America and leader of its new EIR Program. See full line-up and session start time info below.
This year's summit is hosted in conjunction with New Orleans Entrpreneur Week (NOEW). To take full part in NOEW, Register here.
RSVP VIA FACEBOOK
***ANNOUNCING THIS YEAR'S FULL LINE-UP***
9-10a - QUANTIFYING URBAN TRANSFORMATION: DATA AND THE NEW ORLEANS RENAISSANCE, featuring:
- Bernardo Espinosa (Data Analyst at The Data Center)
- Andreanecia M. Morris (Executive Director of GNOHA)
- Katy Dupre (Manager, Economic Competitiveness NOLABA)
- Lamar M Gardere (CIO, IT and Innovation, City of New Orleans)
- Alvin David (Dir. of Strategic Initiatives, RSD)
10a - 10:45 - FOOD ENTREPRENEURS: TRADITION, ACCESS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP, featuring
- Alon Shaya (James Beard award-winning executive chef, Shaya, Domenica)
- Ian McNulty (Journalist, Author, The New Orleans Advocate)
- Rémy Robert (Freelance Writer, Cookbook Developer)
- Burnell Cotlon (Owner, Galvez Grocery)
- Jabari Brown (Hive Coordinator, Grow Dat Youth Farm)
10:45 - 11:30 - PIPELINES FOR A DIVERSE ECONOMY, featuring:
- Aaron Walker (CEO and Founder, Camelback Ventures)
- Haley Burns (Executive Director, Fund 17)
- Mike Ricks (District Director, US Small Business Administration)
- Ting-ting Rivers (Advisor, Trepwise)
11:45 - 1 - KEYNOTE: Leslie Miley, Director of Engineering of Slack, (featuring an intro by Rooted Schools Founder and CEO Jonathan Johnson)
- Leslie Miley is the former Director of Engineering at Slack and President: West Coast, for Venture for America's Entrepreneur in Residence Program tinyurl.com/ju6o4gk - who will speak on how playing to strengths found in diversity not only empowers employees but revitalizes businesses.