Actions and Detail Panel
NOETICUS: Couples Clinic: Relational Intelligence Skills Classes - 2017
Tue, May 2, 2017, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM MDT
A Relational Intelligence Skills Class for Individuals and Couples
"Those who want to succeed in love must have specific interpersonal abilities, and we now know exactly what those abilities are." - Brent J. Atkinson, PhD
- Facilitator: Angie Tsiatsos Phillips, MA, LPC, NCC, ACS
- Date: Tuesdays; Beginning February 7, May 2, August 1, and November 7, 2017; 4 Week Cycle
- Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm (1.5 Contact Hours)
- Where: Noeticus Office; 190 East 9th Avenue, Suite #350; Denver CO 80203
- Cost: $180.00 per series for each person ($45.00 per class); Some assistance available
- Contact Hours: 1.5 Contact Hours per Class; 6.0 Contact Hours Total
- Registration: Pre-Registration is required for attendance
- Size: Limited to 4 Couples/8 Participants; Please Register Early to Ensure Placement
Couples Clinic is a community class for adults based on the principles developed by Dr. Brent J. Atkinson, author of Emotional Intelligence in Couples Therapy: Advances in Neurobiology and the Science of Intimate Relationships. The class integrates pragmatic learning with experiential practice, as new habits involved in relationship and intimacy are developed in a safe and supportive class setting. In this format, relational habits are literally "rewired" in the brain and body, and become integral skills in creating and maintaining future love relationships.
The powerful field of neuroscience teaches us that it is possible to not only change patterns of behavior that we've had our entire lives, but it is actually possible to change the very structure of our brains related to these patterns. The Couples Clinic provides an open, engaging, and non-judgmental place for class participants to learn new skills and practice them while receiving important support and feedback from class facilitators and other class members.
This community class consists of 6.0 contact hours over the course of four weeks. The investment for this series is $180.00 ($45.00 per class or $30.00 per hour). Because the class size is limited, participants accepted into the class are asked to pay for the whole series at the onset, though payment plans can be established to spread the cost throughout the entire series.
Couples Clinic provides an open, engaging, and non-judgmental place for class members to learn new skills and practice them while receiving important support and feedback from class facilitators and other group participants. Through psycho-education and practice, you will learn:
- What separates people who have successful relationships from those who don't.
- How to develop and practice the skills that will ensure you are equipped to create and maintain a healthy, thriving, intimate partnership.
- Awareness of your patterned responses that have proven ineffective in your previous relationships.
- How to regulate internal emotions that lead to destructive styles of relating.
- How to stand up for yourself, in relationship, without putting your partner down.
- How to effectively get your needs met in relationship, with respect and integrity.
The Couples Clinic class is facilitated in an easy, engaging, and interactive style that encourages honest sharing and sincere support and collaboration amongst class participants. The class facilitators are either licensed mental health professionals or master's level counselors or interns with training in relationship and couples counseling, group facilitation, as well as other interventions and psycho-education materials utilized in the class.
This community class is facilitated by Angie Tsiatsos Phillips, MA, LPC, NCC, ACS, who is the Clinical Director of the Center for Relational and Family Wellness (CRFW) at Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute and is also a Staff Psychotherapist and Approved Clinical Supervisor. She received her MA in Somatic Counseling Psychology from Naropa University in 2006 and went on to study various relationship models in her post-graduate work. Most notably, Angie received the highest training available in PEX/PET-C directly from Brent Atkinson, PhD, through his Couples Clinic based in Geneva, Illinois.
The Couples Clinic Community Class draws from the book, Emotional Intelligence in Couples Therapy, by Brent J. Atkinson, PhD. Class participants are encouraged to purchase and become familiar with the book ahead of time and to bring it with them to the class as a resource. The book is available HERE as well as many other booksellers.
- Contact: Angie Tsiatsos Phillips, LPC; Center Director
- Website: http://www.noeticus.org/Couples_Clinic_Class.html
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 303-399-9988 x 604
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We hope you will be able to attend your training after you register, but we also understand that life can present many complications and challenges that are sometimes unavoidable. If you register for a training and discover later that you will be unable to attend, please take a look at our Cancellation and Refund Policy to see what your options are, then let us know what you'd like to do. Here is a link to the policy: http://www.noeticus.org/Cancel_and_Refund_Policy.html
Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute has been approved by NAADAC as an Approved Education Provider (AEP, #151584) and by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6704. Programs that do not qualify for NAADAC or NBCC credit are clearly identified. Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs. Because this class is designed for the public and not for mental health professionals, it does not meet the requirements for continuing education and therefore does not provide them. A Certificate of Attendance will be provided to all class participants.