PLEASE NOTE: PRE-SALES FOR CARNIVAL HAVE ENDED.
Tickets will be available at the box office, which opens one hour prior to curtain.
* * * * *
Magical musical Carnival! showcases NOCCA student talent
Nightly performances: March 20-23, 7pm
Matinee performance: March 23, 2pm
Lupin Hall · NOCCA · 2800 Chartres Street, New Orleans
$15 general admission tickets available at NOCCA.com
NOCCA's Musical Theatre Division presents the broadway classic Carnival!, featuring an outstanding student cast from across the region. Performances will be held nightly from March 20-23 at 7pm, with an additional matinee Saturday, March 23 at 2pm. All performances will be held in Freda Lupin Memorial Hall at NOCCA, 2800 Chartres Street, New Orleans.
A fairytale of simplicity and compassion, Carnival! continues to grace stages and bring smiles to audiences worldwide. Premiering in 1961, this Merrill and Merritt musical is based on the 1950’s film Lili. Audience members will be taken on a journey, as they are invited under the circus tents by the traveling troupe of Carnival!.
Featured in the talented cast of NOCCA students:
- Elizabeth Carson, Jefferson Parish
- Emily Chatelain, Jefferson Parish
- Sarah Clingenpeel, Jefferson Parish
- Nicholas Costello, Ascension Parish
- Kelsey Desmond, Orleans Parish
- Dominic Fontana, St. Tammany Parish
- Abigail Gardner, St. Tammany Parish
- Amber Garrard, St. Tammany Parish
- Charis Gullage, St. Charles Parish
- Coldin Grundmeyer, Plaquemine Parish
- Adler Hyatt, Jefferson Parish
- Amaiya Holley, Orleans Parish
- Kyla Jefferson, Orleans Parish
- Madison Kerth, St. Tammany Parish
- Anna Keowen, St. Tammany Parish
- Abigail Lafont, St. Tammany Parish
- Madison Levy, Ascension Parish
- Trey McCoy, St. John the Baptist Parish
- Sarah McLellan, Orleans Parish
- Jonathan May, Jefferson Parish
- Christopher Milligan, St. Tammany Parish
- Madison Monroe, St. Tammany Parish
- Julie Montalbano, Jefferson Parish
- Rachel Moran, Jefferson Parish
- Elizabeth Olah, Ascension Parish
- Austin Pecot, St. Charles Parish
- Colin Phillips, Jefferson Parish
- Mary Catherine Pintado, St. Charles Parish
- Matthew Raetz, Orleans Parish
- Nigel Ra’oof, Orleans Parish
- Natalie Rine, Jefferson Parish
- Samantha Rohr, Jefferson Parish
- Justin Sandoval, Jefferson Parish
- Linsey Shubert, Jefferson Parish
- Chloe Vallot, Tangipahoua Parish
- Prinsey Walker, Jefferson Parish
- Glenn Williams, Jefferson Parish
NOCCA Musical Theatre artist-teacher Blake Coheley provides direction and choreography, and Jefferson Turner handles musical direction.
The NOCCA Institute
Founded in 1973, the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts is Louisiana’s arts conservatory for high school students. NOCCA offers intensive instruction in Classical Music, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Dance, Drama, Jazz, Media Arts, Musical Theatre, Theatre Design, Vocal Music, Visual Arts, and academics. Students come from across Louisiana, attending via full-day, afternoon, and after-school sessions. Admission to NOCCA is by audition, and there is no tuition.
The NOCCA Institute is NOCCA’s nonprofit partner, providing supplemental funding for NOCCA and advocacy for its world-class program. Some of the Institute’s more notable endeavors include: a comprehensive Financial Aid Program that funds students’ supplies and fees associated with important summer training programs across the country; an Artists-in-Residence Program that brings more than 100 professional visiting artists into NOCCA’s classrooms each year; the capital campaign for NOCCA’s current home and expansion projects along the Press Street corridor, including Press Street Station, 5 Press Gallery, and Press Street Gardens; and concert, gallery, and literary events for the community. The Institute also oversees rentals of the NOCCA campus, making it available to arts organizations, individuals, corporations, and other groups.
Unless otherwise noted, we're unable to issue refunds. If an event takes place over multiple days, however, we'll do our best to honor such requests by switching tickets to a different time.