NLC University Summit: Leading Collaborative Communities
A Cross Sector Approach to Building Partnerships
Solving today’s complex societal and community problems- from infrastructure to public safety to public health- requires a collaborative, multi-sector effort. The private sector, federal, state and local government and the nonprofit community must all work together to generate and implement creative and effective solutions. Doing so requires a special type of leader: one who understands the motivations and unique contributions of the various actors and can align common agendas, incentives and outcomes.
Participants in the 2016 NLCU Leadership Summit will learn how to become that type of leader. This three-day program will bring together thought leaders and practitioners from the public, private and nonprofit sectors to explore collaborative, multi-sector leadership. Attendees will gain valuable perspective on the different sectors and will work in collaboration to address some of today’s complex problems.
Insightful learning experiences provide ample opportunity for you to reflect, recognize and appreciate what you can do to enhance your success as municipal leaders. Our Leadership Summit is designed for city officials and those who work with them and who want to solve real problems and build better communities.
NLC members earn 10 credits in the NLC University Certificate Program.
Audience: City and state officials, private sector representatives and nonprofit leaders involved in municipal initiatives that require collaboration across sectors
- Understand the differing roles and agendas of the private sector, federal government, the nonprofit community, city and state government.
- Examine successful municipal multi-sector initiatives.
- Apply a collaborative, multi-sector leadership framework and lessons learned to a current or future initiative
- Engage with and learn from peers and leaders from different sectors
- Better working relationships with multi-sector partners
- More efficiency and economic savings on multi-sector projects and initiatives
- Better ability to establish criteria and identify approaches for successful collaborations up front (proactive rather than reactive)
Are there any scholarship opportunities to attend the Leadership Summit?
I am interested in sponsoring the Leadership Summit. What are my next steps?
Click here to download the sponsorship prospectus. For all sponsorship inquiries, please contact Laura Lanford at Lanford@nlc.org.
What is the refund policy?
Registrations are refundable through September 1st (less a $75 processing fee). If you submit a refund request after September 1st, a full refund cannot be guaranteed and your request will be reviewed upon completion of the Summit program.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You may contact Laura Lanford at Lanford@nlc.org with any questions regarding the event.
Is there a deadline for hotel reservations?
Yes, September 9th is the hotel cut-off date for reservations.
What are the amenities and transportation options at the Madison Concourse Hotel?
This upscale hotel in downtown Madison is a 3-minute walk from the State Capitol and .5 miles from Monona Terrace.
The contemporary rooms and suites feature free WiFi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges and coffeemakers. Upgraded options add features like turndown service and whirlpool tubs.
Amenities include a bar and grill, a fitness center, an indoor pool and event space. There's also a free airport shuttle.
Single $179 | Double $179 | Triple $189 | Quad $199
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check out: 11:00 am
- Situated in downtown Madison, Wisconsin near the State Capitol, State Street, University of Wisconsin campus, Overture Center, Monona Terrace Convention Center and Alliant Energy Center and More
- Conveniently located near American Family Insurance, Alliant Energy Corporation, Kraft Foods-Oscar Mayer, Covance, CUNA Mutual Group, TomoTherapy Inc., Epic, Promega, Sub-Zero/Wolf and GE Healthcare
- 5 miles from Dane County Regional Airport, offering several non-stop flights into Madison
- Complimentary airport shuttle and airline boarding pass kiosk
- 373 guest rooms, including Madison's exclusive Governor's Club and 27,000 square feet of renovated meeting space
- Underground parking ($10 per night) Low clearance
- Complimentary wireless Internet access and wireless printing from your guest room
- CIRC, The Bar , and room service
- Business center
- Fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna
- Dry cleaning/laundry services and sundries shop