Columbia, SC Vegas Nights
National Kidney Foundation Gala
On behalf of the Columbia, SC National Kidney Foundation Team and the National Kidney Foundation, we invite the community to our second annual gala “Vegas Nights” Gala. This event will further the National Kidney Foundation’s dedication to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease.
Our Gala is set to take place on Saturday, March 4, 2017, from 7:00PM – 11:00PM at the Saluda Shoals River Center. We expect more than 300 attendees including entertainers, business professionals, community leaders, kidney transplant recipients, care-givers and others at this very fun, festive and informative event that is being held for the entire state of South Carolina.
As you may know, unfortunately, the Metro area is part of the “Diabetes and Stroke Belt.” One in three American Adults is at risk for kidney disease. South Carolina is, in fact, recognized by public health officials for having an unusually high incidence of diabetes, stroke and cardiovascular disease – all risk factors for Chronic Kidney Disease. Every year kidney disease kills more people than breast cancer and prostate cancer. Kidney disease often has no symptoms, and it can go undetected until very well advanced.
Kidney Facts for South Carolina
● KIDNEY DISEASE IN SC 1 in 8 South Carolinians have Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
● Approximately 576,000 people have CKD in South Carolina.
● South Carolina is, per capita, fifth in the nation with the number of patients on dialysis.
● 75% of kidney patients in South Carolina are African American.
● Three out of four of those waiting for a kidney are African American, and South Carolina ranks second in the nation in the need for organs among African Americans.
Those supporting our Gala will be directly supporting our efforts to educate our community about the steps they can take to live a healthy lifestyle, reduce risk, and encourage early detection and treatment to slow or prevent the progression of kidney disease.
Kimberly Suber South Carolina Chairwoman (c) 864-590-4995 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stephani Tucker Executive Director 803-799-3870 Ext. 621 Email: email@example.com