San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
So as some of you may have read, I've been planning a charity event. My cellar has been getting a little out of control, and instead of selling my beer I decided I would donate it towards a charity bottle share. I have attended a couple of Pints For Prostates sponsored events in the past and thought they would make the perfect charity to work with. The good folks over at Pints For Prostates were more than happy to have us throw an event to help raise awareness of the importance of regular screenings and early detection. What better day than the day before Father's Day to do this?
We have scheduled the event for Saturday June 14th between 12:30pm and 4:30pm at Van Gogh's Ear Cafe in Union, NJ. There will only be a very limited amount of tickets. Tickets at the door will only be made available if we do not sell out online.
My friend Gene of TalkBeer.Com has also come on board as a sponsor in promoting this event.
1. You must be 21 or older to attend (ID's will be checked at the door)
2. The tickets are for entrance the event.
3. Beer is NOT and will NOT be sold.
4. All proceeds will go to Pints For Prostates
5. Bring beer to share. (please use your discretion as there will be plenty of beer)
6. As we are not selling the beers, you are not promised any particular beers with entrance.
7. The person(s)' names given when purchased must be present with ID for them (and their guests) to be allowed entry.
8. Tickets on non-transferable
9. We are sorry, but refunds will not be available.
What to Expect: (The Fun Stuff)
Currently, I have set aside over 250 beers from my cellar that I've collected over the years to share with all attendees. There will be plenty of beer for all.
1. You get to share and drink beer with other beer lovers while supporting a great cause.
1a. I will supply a lot of beer I've collected through the years and travels. (Vintages, things not found in NJ etc etc)
1b. Share what you bring with friends or just anyone you meet. Others will generally do the same.
2. Cocktail Style Food Menu by Van Gogh's Ear Cafe (additional menu items available for purchase)
3. You are automatically entered for a chance to win a Beer Trip to Belgium
4. 50/50 Raffle
5. Beer Schwag Raffles
6. Beer Schwag Silent Auction (donated by some awesome beer people)
7. Enjoy live music by Mike Lorenz
8. A commemorative tasting glass
9. $5 Hot Towel Shaves (proceeds to P4P) by American Shave
10. Free Cigar Samples (to smoke on Patio) courtesy of Smokers Delight
*Anyone looking to sponsor in any way (beer, schwag, giveaways, money) please email me: heysmartbeerdude at gmail dot com
*Please bring cash with you for raffles, food, tips etc! We are fundraising after all!
When & Where
Os Cruz (@NJBeerNerd)
*A Special Thank You goes out to all our Sponsors
more over at HeySmartBeerDude.com