Need help registering your business?
NJSBDC at Rutgers-Newark can help. This is an hands on workshop held in a computer lab. One of our business counselors will guide you through the process of registering your business online with state of New Jersey and obtaining a Federal Employer Identification Number with the IRS. In order to attend you must meet the following requirements:
- You have decided on your legal structure of business:
- Have the Name for your business;
- Have an Alternate business name in case the first is not available
- Have all contact and personal information including social security number, date of birth, addresses and phone numbers of all members that would be registered with the business.
- Know about your Licensing & Permits (if required):
- Must have a credit or debit card to pay the $125 State of NJ filling fee: http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/gettingregistered.shtml
- Need email to have your Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) letter sent to.