At Deaconess NICU, we are committed to supporting families both while in their babies are cared for as NICU patients and after discharge. If you are a NICU parent we invite you to join us for all or part of our 2016-2017 Deaconess NICU Parent Support Series. These sessions will be offered the first Tuesday of every month (except July) from 6:30-7:30 during NICU shift change. We have several guest speakers who will present on topics related to healthy transitions after the neonatal intensive care experience. The gatherings are designed to be informative, and also to gather current and former NICU families to offer their presence and support to one another.
Monthly Topics (some are subject to flexibility)
- September: The Wonders of Kangaroo Care
- October: Preemie Lungs- What do I need to know?
- November: Infant Nutrition- What do I need to know?
- December: Creative Project for the Holidays/NICU Keepsake
- January: Important Tips for going home
- February: Grieving the loss of your Perfect Pregnancy
- March: Sensory Considerations post NICU
- April: The NICU emotional Rollercoaster- Considerations for Comfort
- May: Developmental Milestones- What the First Year Brings
- June: What I wish they would've told me- Graduating from the NICU
- July- no formal meeting
- August- Summer Picnic for all families
We will be meeting in the Childbirth and Newborn classrooms on the second floor adjacent to the Mother-Baby unit of the Maternity Center; on the corner of 5th and Wall.
**Please note street parking expires at 7:00 pm so minimal cost is required to park near the hospital