San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NOTE 1: This is the video stream archive of the event that happened on May 14th produced by LectureMaker LLC. Please register and you will be sent a link to a webpage which has the streaming information.
NOTE 2: Registration with minimal personal information (name, e-mail, + IEEE # if a member) are needed for IEEE accounting purposes and this information will not be shared with others.
Wednesday, May 14th, 2014, 4pm – 10pm, at Stanford University
New Frontiers in Computing (NFIC) 2014:
|Santa Clara Valley Chapter||Silicon Valley Chapter
||Stanford University IEEE|
The digital revolution has impacted nearly every aspect of human endeavor in the past several decades however education technology has only recently seen the emergence of new ideas to challenge established norms in education. The 16th Annual NFIC event examines several important questions on the shape of this emerging landscape of online education. What will the classroom of 2030 look like? How will the universities reshape themselves and evolve, or will entirely new businesses models emerge and play a leading role? What new technologies will be needed to educate and prepare the workforce of the future? The event will provide a forum for academicians, content providers and technologists to network, share knowledge and engage in dialogue around these questions.
NFIC features a keynote from Coursera co-founder Andrew Ng and will bring together renown educational and technology experts in 2 interactive panels to cover the key aspects and opportunities now emerging for professionals in the engineering community. For full conference information please see the conference webpage.
Session 1: Technology as a Game Changer
- Larry Lagerstrom, Director of Online Learning, Stanford University School of Engineering [Moderator]
- Dave Wilson, CTO and Senior VP of Engineering, EmpoweredU
- Jeff Fluhr, Co-Founder and CEO, Spreecast
- Wayne Grant, Director User Experience, Intel Education
Session 2: Reinventing the Business of Education
- Ron Fredericks, Co-Owner, LectureMaker, LLC [Moderator]
- Damon Sicore, Vice President of Engineering, Edmodo
- Bruce Clemens, Professor, Stanford University Materials Science
- Pat McKeague, Owner, MathTV.com and XYZ Textbooks