San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Genius is everywhere. Join us. For the first time ever, we are hosting a global celebration of social innovation, incredible design, and world-changing ideas inspired by a diaspora. Our NextDayBetter tribe is growing.
What To Expect?
Speaker + Community | We are bringing together brilliant thinkers, entrepreneurs, activists, emerging leaders, and technologists fromacross all disciplines to solve challenges facing not just the Philippines but the world.
- Geena Rocero (Model, Advocate, TED Speaker, and Founder of Gender Proud) | Empathy and Gender
- Leah Villanueva (Educator, Fellow, Teach for the Philippines) | Going Beyond Great Intentions and Impact
- Matt Grasser (CEO, LDLN) | Rapid Data for Rapid Disaster Response
- Lourdes Tiglao (Medic, AirForce Veteran, Team Rubicon) | Philippines + US Veterans for Disaster Recovery
- Maria Ressa (Journalist, Co-Founder of Rappler) | Resiliency Building Post Typhoon via A Special Video
- Nicole Ponseca (Founder of Maharlika and Jeepney) | Pop Up Restaurants to Building Your Vision
- Norman Dalager (Bravo Product Director, Chef + Owner of Masarap Supper Club)
- Yana Gilbuena (Founder of Salo Series)
Our Event Manifesto + Theme | “Defining Breakthroughs: Unlocking Human and Community Potential.” Featuring talks from leaders in a variety of creative disciplines, we set out to explore how we can rebuild communities in need, especially those affected by natural disasters such at Typhoon (Yolanda) Haiyan. We further explore what fuels individual, community and innovation-driven breakthroughs.
Tech Demo for Disaster Rebuilding | Hackers will present smart technologies focused on disaster response and resiliency rebuilding.
Good Eats + Libation | Um. We heart food + drinks. We will feature some incredible Filipino Food and Drinks to celebrate the emergence of the Filipino Food Movement.
- Where: Center for Social Innovation (Starett-Lehigh Building 601 West 26th St. NY, New York)
- When: May 3rd, 2014 (Saturday)
- Time: 1:00pm-6:00pm
- Drinks. Food. Tech Demo.
Our Global NextDayBetter Series | Starting in May, our independently led NextDayBetter events will be in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco, and London, highlighting remarkable individuals that are changing the world.