We can't wait to see you on Tuesday, November 15th!
“Act Up!” This Instagram-worthy graffiti on the Berlin Wall in the Newseum captures the spirit of everything we love about free expression. Join us this November, as Art Soiree collaborates with Newseum for their last Newseum Nights of the year, a wildly entertaining after-hours spectacle you won’t want to miss, featuring artistic performances throughout the night that include:
- Stomp it out with a powerful and entertaining performance by Dem’ Raider Boyz, the #1 all-male step team in the DMV.
- Put speech in the hands of the Haiku Guys & Gals, creating one-of-a-kind haikus on the spot
- Dance to the beat of your own drum during our glow-in-the-dark silent disco powered by Silent Dance Society with DJ Moosic, DJ Electr0x and DJ Eric
- Get inked, just for the night, with custom (temporary!) Newseum Nights tattoos
- Let the creativity flow with live mural painting from Michael Hammond, “Square with Me” live intuitive personality portraits by Maria Briskman, and powerful art installations from amazing local artists including Lorenzo Cardim, MASRAE, Samantha Tranfa, Shanna Lim and Isabelle Alvarez-Tausch
- Snack on fun finger food stations (popcorn chicken, tater tots and a popcorn bar) and fill up at our open beer and wine bar. Enjoy a craft beer tasting station with seasonal brews from Flying Dog Brewery, our exclusive beer sponsor for the evening
- Grab a front-row seat to special programming on controversies in advertising, including Flying Dog’s First Amendment fight — from their long-time relationship with Gonzo artist Ralph Steadman to a recent lawsuit involving Raging Bitch Belgian IPA — with CEO Jim Caruso and attorney Alan Gura, as well as gallery talks from the Newseum curatorial team.
- And don’t miss out on prizes from new giveaway sponsors &pizza, ThinkFoodGroup and Oyamel.
You must be 21 years or older to attend Newseum Nights. Final ticket price includes tax & fees. Tickets are nonrefundable.