New York, NY - CE Academy, Inc.
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 7:45 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
New York, NY "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
October 10, 2013
7 AIA HSW Hours
2 GBCI CMP Credit Hours for LEED Professionals
1 CEU for IDCEC Accreditation
07:45 AM Registration
08:00 – 09:00 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICS06C - Updated April 2013
1 GBCI CMP CE Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Glenn Kross
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving indoor
air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials and explain
the importance of “going beyond green.”
09:10 -10:10 AM
Glass Floor Walkways and Stair Treads
1AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ABC 402
AIA Provider: Acme Brick
Presenter: Steve Weddle
Upon completion of this course you will have a better understanding of designing Glass into
walkways and Stair Treads and how the following are taken into consideration during the
1. Support Methods & Installation.
2. Safety and Modesty.
3. Slip Resistance.
10:20 - 11:20 AM
Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E - Updated Course July 2013
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Kevin Martin
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
11:30 - 12:30 PM
How Material Selection Can Showcase Trends Realized in Contract Environments
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ASI024 / 2012
1 CEU for IDCEC Accreditation
AIA Provider: Architectural Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Nancy Jackson
This presentation explores current trends in materiality within contract design,
defining how cutting-edge materials can allow the designer to realize pragmatic
design goals while reflecting contemporary, up-to-the-minute design influences.
1. Identify design trends within each commercial market segment.
2. Learn hose products support trends such as Dimension, Authenticity, Stylized
Industrial, and Organic Luxe, while defining interior spaces.
3. Explore how current styles of design are reflected through the power of materials.
4. Gain awareness of how materials convey the shifts in design direction over time.
12:30 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with "Dynamic Closures"
01:30 - 02:30 PM
Sustainable Design uses for Large Opening Wall Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SD0001
AIA Provider: Nanawall Systems, Inc.
Presenter: Bill Leon
1. Familiarize attendees with terminology, capabilities, and usage of large
operable glass walls.
2. Provide answers of how large operable glass walls play a vital role in
sustainable /GREEN design.
3. Demonstrate how the function of operable glass wall systems improve
the Health, Safety, and Welfare of building occupants.
4. Illustrate new ideas to take into the design process of schools, hospitals,
and other commercial applications and to help attendees through that process.
02:40 - 03:40 PM
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISP10B
1 GBCI CMP Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
Presenter: Mark Tachino
• Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
• Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
• List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air
quality of any project.
• Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle assessment
and give several examples of these environmental improvements over traditional manufacturing
03:50 - 04:50 PM
Use of Snow Retention Devices: Science or Fiction?
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISF07A
AIA Provider: InfoSpec Inc.
Presenter: David Stahler
Discover the art and science of snow control and its effects, such as snow migration on
rooftops of structures. Learn about the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow
retention, as well as the do's and don’ts of retention devices, product selection, and site
1. Describe the history of snow control on rooftops
2. Explain when and where you should or shouldn't use snow retention devices
3. List the common myths and misperceptions regarding snow retention
4. List the common pitfalls of product selection and site specifics
5. Describe how to value engineer snow retention systems without sacrificing performance
6. Explain the proper selection and specification of snow guards
"This Agenda is a final schedule, but is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.