San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join New Mexico ISACA for our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and banquet. This event is free to New Mexico ISACA members plus one guest and includes one hour of CPE and the Flavors of the French Quarter!
About our Speaker: New Mexico ISACA is pleased to welcome Matthew D. Pickard, Assistant Professor of Accounting at the University of New Mexico (UNM). Recently, he founded Pickard Predictives, LLC to provide data analytic consulting services and training to New Mexico businesses. He has conducted numerous presentations on how to apply data analytics to the contexts of auditing and fraud investigations.
About the Presentation: Predictive Analytics
In today’s era, some form of analytics is required to be competitive; but many organizations don’t know where to start. Buzz words like predictive analytics, business intelligence, and big data tend to create more confusion that they resolve. Yet, the thing they share in common is a pathway to better decision making – something every organization needs and wants. But there are a lot of gotchas on the journey from raw data to reliable information that impacts important decisions. This presentation will:
- Clarify the buzz words – the similarities and differences
- Discuss some of the gotchas and pitfalls
- Provide evidence that almost anyone can understand and apply data analytic techniques
- Provide a practical example or two of analytic techniques that can process your data and improve your decision making
- Raise more questions than it answers (guaranteed!)
Dinner and refreshments included: Pappadeaux brings the flavors of the French Quarter to you!
Your meal begins with a fresh Pappadeaux salad, accompanied by French bread, and iced tea, soda or coffee.
The second course includes your choice of entrée:
- Crawfish Étouffée with white rice
- Costa Rican Tilapia Lafayette topped with fresh lump crabmeat, shrimp, tomatoes, capers & basil in beurre blanc, with spaghetti squash
- Fried Shrimp with French fries
Finally, choose two desserts as your third course:
- Vanilla Cheesecake with fresh strawberries
- Crème Brûlée with fresh fruit
- Key Lime Pie in a graham cracker pecan crust
Chapter business: Chapter Leadership delegates will present a brief overview of the recent ISACA North American Leadership Conference. Finally, New Mexico ISACA members in attendance will be asked to cast their ballots for the 2016-2017 Chapter Board.
We look forward to seeing you Wednesday May 31st!