As part of our 10-day celebration of the moving image, the Atlanta Film Festival proudly presents the New Mavericks: Female Directors' Shorts Block (98 min); programmed by Christina Humphrey.
Location: 7 Stages, Main Stage
Seating Time: 6:30PM (7PM showtime)
Run Time: 98 minutes
Line Information: Ticket buyers will be admitted into Priority Seating Group B; a greeter will be available at all ATLFF venues to guide you to the correct line.
Special Event: New Mavericks Reception at 6PM!
Jacqueline Lentzou – Greece - 17:51
– Ellie, a lonely only-child, spends her lazy summertime walking in the family's building, eating ice- creams and watering the plants.
Kira Richards Hansen – Denmark - 13:00
– A coming of age story about a 12-year old tomboy, who is confronted with an incipient sexuality.
Brittany Shyne – USA - 16:47
– A nine-year-old girl experiences the first changes of womanhood.
So You've Grown Attached
Kate Tsang – USA - 14:55
– An off-beat comedy about Ex, an imaginary friend, who is forced to consider retirement when his creator, Izzy, starts to grow up.
Chell Stephen – Canada/USA - 15:48
– Cursed with a real crumby attitude and a boring-ass hometown, 17-year-old Crystal relies on her passion for dance to escape the mundane life of rural Ontario and pursue her out-sized dream of being a pop superstar.
Eliza McNitt – USA - 20:00
– A young Navajo girl must find a way to heat her home in order to save her asthma-stricken mother from a bitter winter storm.
Shorts in Competition
For trailers and additional information regarding the New Mavericks Shorts programming, please visit the block's home on our festival website here.
Christina Humphrey is the Atlanta Film Festival's Short Film Programmer; she lovingly curated each of these films, out of over 2,000 submissions from 20 different countries, for our 2014 festival audience and filmmakers.
ADDITIONAL FESTIVAL INFORMATION
Oye! There's more?! Yes, but just a little.
Whether you're interested in a casual festival experience, or an all-out access-all kind of experience, we have an affordable option for you. Even if your plan is just to see a couple movies, you might find that our MovieHopper Card is well-worth the $50 investment.
At $50, if you attend (5) screenings, your investment is fully paid for; and even if you don’t attend (5) screenings during the festival, your MovieHopper card comes with a year-round membership (includes discounted and free screenings, workshops, and events).
Click here for further badge, MovieHopper Card, and membership details.
Atlanta Film Festival -- Our main festival website; everything about everything is here!
Box Office FAQ -- Ticketing, membership, and box office questions, answered.
Membership Information -- Save money, see movies. Become a member today!
SCHED -- View our online schedule, purchase your tickets; all from one location, on your computer, or from a mobile device.
All festival sales made online, or at the festival box office, are final upon purchase. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our box office personnel using the information provided below.
CONTACT OUR BOX OFFICE
At all festival venues, box office will open 1-hour before the first screening of the day, and will close 30 minutes after the last screening of the day commences.
Our box office team loves texts -- for the quickest response to your inquiry, send us one!
Messages left by phone, email, and/or text, outside of the box office hours, will be answered upon the next box office opening.
Stay up-to-date on all festival happenings and contribute to the social experience of other festival-goers by using our #ATLFF hashtag! Everyone here at Festival Headquarters loves photos and can't wait to see your favorite festival moments!
Thank you for supporting our local film community and the Atlanta Film Festival!