We’re SunLife Organics, and our mission as leaders in the community is to inspire people to be happy, to be healthy, and to help make the world a better place. Started in 2011 in Malibu, CA, we’ve opened 6 locations since then and will have 4 more locations over the course of the next 12-18 months.
That’s where you come in.
This isn’t just about juices and smoothies. We’re in the business of changing the world. We’re looking for the renegades, the movers & the shakers, the innovators, and the visionaries. We’re barely breaking ground. We’ve got a long journey ahead of us, but it promises to be one of the greatest and most fulfilling experiences of our lives.
Our General Managers all have three key things in common:
1.They’re a total blast
Working for “a growing company” requires a certain character and set of professional skills. We’re still learning. We’re still figuring out what the most effective method is for running our operations. The leaders of this company have hugely contributed to the overall success of our growth by being proactive managers. That methodology has organically developed into a requirement for management moving forward. Other requirements include:
- Computer Skills - not quite a Software Engineer for Google level of skills, but more advanced than my mom trying to update her profile picture on Facebook. Excel, Word, Gmail, Google Drive…the usual.
- Guest Reconciliation – on very rare occasions our guests get upset and if you can't help alleviate those situations gracefully, you should really reconsider food service management as a whole. The most important way to react to any negative situation is with authenticity. If you don’t sincerely want to solve the problem, you won’t want to work here.
- Ability to work 60+ hours per week - this may seem intimidating at first, but this isn't 60 solid hours of slave work stuck in a dead-end job you’re not totally stoked on. This is 60 hours of SunLife Work – “work” includes but is not limited to; a lotta high-fiving, shakas, yoga with Brad, eating with Mike, dancing with Crista, laughing with Nico, and random adventures across country with Khalil.
- Stress Management - this is probably the most important thing on here. Even if you are freaking out on the inside we need you to stay calm on the outside because everything will eventually be alright - the sun will rise tomorrow and Kanye will still be a clown.
- Training & Coaching - Your staff is fun, loving, and full of energy, but they’re usually young and this is generally their first job. Things you would normally think are “a given” actually do require explanation.... and demonstration...and repetition...and patience.
- Staff Coordination – Like William Wallace leading Scottish soldiers into an against-all-odds war to defend their freedom. Like that, except a lot less violent, a lot more American, and by freedom we mean smoothies.
- High Standards for Cleanliness – live in the constant assumption that a guy with a monocle and top hat is going to walk into your store at any moment, put on white cashmere gloves, and using his right index finger will start checking for dust. He's coming, be ready.
- Cost Control - obviously all companies stress this point. However, here at SunLife OUR money is literally YOUR money (hooray for profit sharing!). Get creative. Put money back in your pocket while having the freedom and trust to take initiative on your own to increase overall profitability.
- P&L Ownership - if you don't know what P&L stands for you aren't off to a great start, but we'll get there. Our resident financial gurus will teach you how to analyze financial statement and take appropriate action in true SunLife fashion, but there should be a well-established foundation of knowledge. Bring some new perspective to the table.
- 2 years of management experience - this can take a lot of different forms, but managing a fantasy football league is not one of them. Give us something to work with.
To summarize, we’re doing something incredible. We’re building an 800 square foot smoothie shop in Point Dume, Malibu into a juggernaut of an international brand. We’re the “Nobu of juice bars” and “the next Starbucks”. We’re also not taking ourselves too seriously because it doesn’t count if you’re not having fun. If we’ve caught your attention please submit a resume with a list of references. *drops mic
APPLY ONLINE: http://sunlifeorganics.applytojob.com/apply