New Haven, CT
Emotional Emancipation CirclesSM
Training of Facilitators
Community Healing Network, Inc.
The Association of Black Psychologists
The New Haven EEC training will be held at the offices of
Clifford Beers, 5 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511
This Emotional Emancipation Circles - (EEC) Training has been reviewed and approved for 15 Category 1 credits in the following areas ( Ethics/ Cultural Competence/Addiction/Prevention) by the Connecticut Certification Board for training credits.
A number of disciplines can use these credits (CAC,LADC, MSW, LPC, Prevention Specialist)
October 20, 21, and 22, 2016.
Thursday (10/20/16) from 5 pm-8 pm
Friday (10/21/16) from 10 am -6 pm
Saturday (10/22/16) from 10 am-6 pm
Trainer: Dr. Cheryl Tawede Grills
EE CirclesSM are safe spaces in which we as Black people work together to overcome and overturn the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority: the root causes of the devaluing of Black lives in Tulsa, Charlotte, across the country, and around the world.
EE Circles are part of a multi-faceted set of strategies devised by Community Healing Network (CHN) to build a global grassroots movement for the emotional emancipation of Black people. The EE Circle process was conceptualized by CHN and developed by leaders of the Association of Black Psychologists (ABPsi) in collaboration with CHN.
This Training of Facilitators will equip participants to establish and sustain EE Circles in their communities.
Our trainer, Dr. Cheryl Tawede Grills, is a Professor of Psychology at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, and the immediate past president of ABPsi. Her specialty is Clinical Psychology with a current emphasis on Community Psychology. Dr. Grills was the leader of the ABPsi team of psychologists who responded to Community Healing Network’s call for professional expertise, technical assistance, and ongoing support in creating the EE Circles process. She is also the leader of the EE Circles Training Team, and, has introduced the EE Circles process to local leaders around the world to great acclaim.
* Emotional Emancipation Circles, EE Circles, EECs and related copyrights, marks and logos are copyrights and service marks owned exclusively by Community Healing Network, Inc., and may not be used without its permission. Local EEC trainers, facilitators, hosts, organizers, and others in similar roles are independent, and are not employees, agents, partners, or corporate affiliates of Community Healing Network or The Association of Black Psychologists.
- Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Email us at EECircles@CommunityHealingNet.org.
- Call us at (347) 486-4CHN
- Can I update my registration information?
- Can I register for another person?
- No. Each attendee must register individually.
Please consider making a donation at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/CommunityHealingNetwork.