A 6 hour State Bar approved seminar on common aspects of Nevada foreclosure law worth 6 CLE credits. The topics will include:
1. Trust deeds and their contents including the provisions for non-judicial foreclosure
2. Step by step procedures for non-judicial foreclosures, including forms and statutory requirements
3. HOA foreclosures, the pre-2015 statutory requirements and the 2015 changes to the statutes
4. A summary of case law relevant to foreclosure law in the state of Nevada
- Full Day 8:30am - 4:15pm A light breakfast and full lunch will be provided - $295 6 CLE Credits
- Half Day 8:30am - 11:45am A light breakfast will be provided - $150 3 CLE Credits
- Half Day 11:45am - 4:15pm - Lunch will be provided - $150 3 CLE Credits
Members of the Judiciary are invited to attend complimentary. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for promotional code.
Schedule of Events
- 7:30am - 8:30am Registration and continental breakfast
- 8:30am - 10:00am - The composition of the trust deed, the power of sale, and common provisions of the deed of trust
- 10:00am - 10:15am - Coffee Break
- 10:15am - 11:45am - Step by step procedures for a non-judicial foreclosure including a review of the necessary forms
- 11:45am - 1:00pm - Buffet lunch included compliments of NVTDS
- 1:00pm - 2:30 pm - Homeowners Association Foreclosures, both the pre-2015 requirements, which are commonly litigated along with the 2015 Legislative Changes to NRS Chapter 116
- 2:30pm - 2:45pm - Coffee Break
- 2:45pm - 4:15pm - Foreclosure Case law from Nevada
Participating Speakers -
Michael F. Bohn, Esq. -
Michael F. Bohn, Esq. has been practicing law in Nevada for over 30 years concentrating on real estate transactions and litigation. He argued the reported cases of Southern Highland Community Association v. San Florentine Avenue Trust 132 Nev. Adv. Op. 3, 365 P.3d 503 (2016); Shadow Wood Homeownwers Association v. New York Community Bank, 132 Nev. Adv. Op 5, 366 P.3d 1105 (2016) and Bourne Valley Court Trust v. Wells Fargo Bank 832 F.3d 1154 (9th Cir. 2016). Michael F. Bohn is majority owner of Nevada Trust Deed Services.
Denise Crary -
Denise Crary has been handling foreclosures in Nevada for over 30 years. Prior to handling foreclosures, she had worked at several title and escrow companies for over 15 years gaining valuable experience in real estate titles and recordings. She is now with Nevada Trust Deed Services running a full service foreclosure department handling residential, owner-occupied, commercial and vacant land. With her extensive experience, she is familiar with all aspects of deed of trust foreclosures in Nevada.
Charles L. Geisendorf, Esq. -
Charles L. Geisendorf is an attorney with Charles L. Geisendorf, Ltd. where he practices in the areas of real estate, community association, business and civil litigation. Mr. Geisendorf’s background ranges from representing mortgage lenders, services and trustees in contested litigation matters to providing general counsel to community associations and their collection companies. During his 17 years of practice, and more specifically during the previous 8 years, Mr. Geisendorf has acquired extensive experience representing clients in bankruptcy, HOA assessment collections, non-judicial foreclosure, excess proceeds, and super-priority lien litigation. He earned his B.A. degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and his J.D. degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, Boulder.
Robert B Noggle, Esq. -
Robert's experience both in practicing law and business management has afforded him the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients. These include real estate investors, lenders, title companies, developers, property managers and more; foreign investors in US real estate, and; business owners concerning corporate governance, purchase and sales, loans, and vendor and customer contracts.
Edgar C. Smith, Esq. -
Edgar C. Smith, Esq. has been practicing law for over 30 years, the last 16 of which have been in Nevada. He is currently a managing attorney for Wright, Finlay & Zak, LLP. He has 10+ years experience as a solo practitioner, and has defended titles for First American Title Insurance Company, Stewart Title Insurance Company, and Nevada Title Company. His practice experiences range from creditor rights in bankruptcy court to appellate practice before the Ninth Circuit and the Nevada Supreme Court. He earned his J.D. degree from Southwestern University Law School, and his B.A. at LaSalle University in Philadelphia, Pa.