Actions and Detail Panel
NeuroSynergy® Workshop V: Stroke and Anoxic/Hypoxic Brain Injury
Sat, June 3, 2017, 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM EDT
COME AND LEARN HOW PLASTICITY BRAIN CENTERS' DOCTORS TREAT ACQUIRED BRAIN INJURIES SUCH AS STROKE AND ANOXIC BRAIN INJURIES -- FOR FREE!!!
Florida has one of the highest pediatric near-drowning and drowning rates and stroke survivor populations in the country. While traditional therapies are very effective at rehabilitating these tragic injuries, sometimes patients are left desiring more function. That is where Plasticity Brain Centers can help!
By understanding the neurological mechanisms of neuroplasicity, and brain physiology, the doctors at Plasticity Brain Centers have successfully helped many stroke and anoxic brain injury patients, with their expedited program of just 5 days of treatment! Patients and therapists have been AMAZED at the dramatic outcomes in such a short period. Also, with pool season right at our door, we will also be talking about pool safety and ways to prevent drowning accidents.
This workshop is a unique opportunity for you, or your loved one, to learn how NEUROPLASTICITY can help you improve your quality of life AND achieve your health goals.
Who is this lecture for?
- Individuals with stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries that have questions about their condition
- Individuals with family members that may have stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries
- Care-takers of people with stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries
- Healthcare providers that have stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries patients/clients
- Students in a healthcare program that are interested in helping patients with stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries
What quesitons will it answer?
- How do stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries occur?
- What type of stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries are there?
- What is injured in a stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries?
- How can you measure brain function in a stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries?
- What can be done to help, OTHER than medications?
This event will consist of:
- A mini-lecture by international lecturer, and neurology expert, Dr. Antonucci
- A public service announcement about pool safety
- A hands-on workshop with Dr. Antonucci, on how to assess if functional neurology can help a stroke and/or anoxic brain injuries patient.
- Hors d'oeuvres and Q&A
- A tour of Plasticity Brain Centers
- An introduction to their cutting-edge technology
The goal of treatment should be to restore as much function of the brain and body, through whatever means are necessary and appropriate. That is the goal at Plasticity Brain Centers. Our staff and doctors are some of the best in the world, and are dedicated to exceptional outcomes for exceptional patients.
About Dr. Antonucci:
While in graduate school, Dr. Antonucci became fascinated with the nervous system, particularly the brain of humankind. While completing a fellowship in functional neurology, Dr. Antonucci completed a 2-year residency under Professor Fredrick R. Carrick, training in the rehabilitation of complex neurological conditions. Dr. Antonucci continued to engage in the advancement of his knowledge through completing 1-year fellowships in each of the following: childhood developmental disorder, vestibular rehabilitation, neurochemistry and nutrition, as well as ta 2-year fellowship in traumatic brain injury rehabilitation. Dr. Antonucci finds particular interest in treating childhood developmental disorders, movement disorders, degenerative conditions, brain injuries, sports and neurological performance enhancement, and conducting clinical research.
Dr. Antonucci is currently a review editor for the journal “Frontiers in Neuroscience”, an Associate Professor of Clinical Neuroscience, as well as the Director of Neurological and Performance Optimization for the Carrick Institute. He is the Vice President of the American Board of Brain Injury and Rehabilitation, as well as the ACA Council of Neurology. He is an owner and also Director of Neurological and Performance Optimization for Plasticity Brain Centers and NeuroSynergy Associates,PA. He currently attends patients full-time at the Plasticity Brain Centers of Orlando, Florida
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- We have PLENTY of parking right in front of our facility, as well as handicap parking.
Who can/cannot attend the event?
- This event is open to anyone and everyone over the age of 16. However, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Child care will not be available.
Can I bring my therapist/doctor or patient?
- Absolutely! They are encouraging you to do so.
Will Dr. Antonucci perform an examination me that day?
- The examination and diagnostic process takes approximately 3 hours, and it would be a disservice to you to provide anything less than their complete assessment. With that being considered, Dr. Antonucci will teach the guests how to check brain function, but he will not be performing any examinations.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- If you have restrictive diets and will need to eat at the facility, please bring food with you.
What is the catch? Will I be pressured into any type of sales "bait-and-switch"?
- No. Absolutely not. There is no "catch". This is purely an informative event, so you are aware of the resource that is in your backyard.
Will the event be recorded for later viewing?
- No, unfortunately the event will not be recorded.