A Parkinson's Disease diagnosis can be intimidating and frightening. What does it mean? What can you expect? Will you develop dementia? Will you become handicap? Can you die of Parkinson's Disease? These are all questions that people have, and our team of Board Certified Neurologists and Chiropractic Neurologists can answer.
Come learn how our team is able to turn back the "Parkinson's clock" in as little as 5 days!
Who is this lecture for?
- Individuals with Parksinson's Disease that has questions about the disease
- Individuals with family members that may have Parkinson's Disease
- Care-takers of people with PD
- Healthcare providers that have PD patients/clients
- Students in a healthcare program that are interested in helping patients with PD
What quesitons will it answer?
- How is Parkinson's Disease diagnosed?
- How doe Parkinson's happen?
- What are the early signs?
- Do you have to have a tremor to have Parkinson's Disease?
- What can one with the diagnosis expect?
- What are the risks associated with the disease?
- What can be done to help, OTHER than medications?
This event will consist of:
- A mini-lecture by international lecturer, and neurology expert, Dr. Antonucci
- A hands-on workshop with Dr. Antonucci, on how to assess the progression of Parkinson's in less than 10 minutes.
- Hors d'oeuvres and Q&A
- A tour of Plasticity Brain Centers
- An introduction to their cutting-edge technology
DEPENDING ON THE TURNOUT, WE MAY BE HOSTING THE WORKSHOP AT THE HILTON GARDEN INN, across the street from the clinic.
The goal of treatment should be to restore as much function of the brain and body, through whatever means are necessary and appropriate. That is the goal at Plasticity Brain Centers. Our staff and doctors are some of the best in the world, and are dedicated to exceptional outcomes for exceptional patients.
About Dr. Antonucci:
While in graduate school, Dr. Antonucci became fascinated with the nervous system, particularly the brain of humankind. After receiving his doctorate in chiropractic medicine, he became a board certified diplomate in the sub-specialty of chiropractic neurology. While completing a fellowship in functional neurology, Dr. Antonucci completed a 2-year residency under Professor Fredrick R. Carrick, training in the rehabilitation of complex neurological conditions. Dr. Antonucci continued to engage in the advancement of his knowledge through completing 1-year fellowships in each of the following: childhood developmental disorder, vestibular rehabilitation, neurochemistry and nutrition, as well as ta 2-year fellowship in traumatic brain injury rehabilitation. In 2015, he was bestowed the highest honor in the chiropractic profession: a lifetime fellowship into the International College of Chiropractic. Dr. Antonucci finds particular interest in treating childhood developmental disorders, movement disorders, degenerative conditions, brain injuries, sports and neurological performance enhancement, and conducting clinical research.
Dr. Antonucci is currently a review editor for the journal “Frontiers in Neuroscience”, an Associate Professor of Clinical Neuroscience, as well as the Director of Neurological and Performance Optimization for the Carrick Institute. He is the Vice President of the American Board of Brain Injury and Rehabilitation, as well as the ACA Council of Neurology. He is an owner and also Director of Neurological and Performance Optimization for Plasticity Brain Centers and NeuroSynergy Associates,PA. He currently attends patients full-time at the Plasticity Brain Centers of Orlando, Florida
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
- They have PLENTY of parking right in front of their facility, as well as handicap parking.
Who can/cannot attend the event?
- This event is open to anyone and everyone over the age of 16. However, anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Child care will not be available.
Can I bring my therapist/doctor or patient?
- Absolutely! They are encouraging you to do so.
Will Dr. Antonucci perform an examination me that day?
- The examination and diagnostic process takes approximately 3 hours, and it would be a disservice to you to provide anything less than their complete assessment. With that being considered, Dr. Antonucci will teach the guests how to check brain function, but he will not be performing any examinations.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
- If you have restrictive diets and will need to eat at the facility, please bring food with you.
What is the catch? Will I be pressured into any type of sales "bait-and-switch"?
- No. Absolutely not. There is no "catch". This is purely an informative event, so you are aware of the resource that is in your backyard.
Will the event be recorded for later viewing?
- No, unfortunately the event will not be recorded.