Cardiac Dysrhythmia Interpretation: Step I (2 Day)
- Health & Wellness
- Cox North - Education Center - K400, Classroom #1/Enter on Robberson St. side labeled Northwest Entrance, Springfield MO
Neurophysiology: A Logical Approach
This seminar is designed to prepare nurses and other health care professionals to safely care for adult patients with abnormal neurological function.
Objectives: At the end of this activity, the participants will be able to:
· Correlate anatomy and physiology to specific symptoms produced by stroke.
· Demonstrate assessment/of stroke using the NIHSS (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale).
· Describe how to document the NIHSS and required patient education per guidelines.
· Describe symptoms and treatment of common paroxysmal and degenerative disorders.
· Correlate anatomy and physiology to the Neuro-Surgical patient with neurological injuries.
· Discuss the presentation, treatment, and priorities of care for SAH.
· Identify spinal anatomy and correlate function to injury.
· Recognize signs and symptoms of increased intracranial pressure following traumatic brain injury.
· Describe the purpose and components of a neurological exam.
· Jan Wells, FNP Trauma Services, CoxHealth Trauma Services, Springfield MO
· Angie Curry, RNC, Enterprise Educator, Cox Education Center, Springfield, MO
· Debra S. Mergen, RN Stroke Clinician, CoxHealth Stroke Center, Springfield, MO
· Heather Tackett, PA-C Springfield Neurological and Spine Institute, LLC, Springfield, MO
· Edwin Cunningham, MD Springfield Neurological and Spine Institute, LLC, Springfield, MO
· Ron McCall, PA-C Springfield Neurological and Spine Institute, LLC, Springfield, MO
· Josh Barbieri, PA-C Springfield Neurological and Spine Institute, LLC, Springfield, MO
We reserve the right to substitute faculty
8:00-9:00 Functional Anatomy and Physiology (A & P) for Stroke - J. Wells
9:00-9:30 Using the NIHSS Assessment - D. Mergen
9:45-10:15 Documenting Stroke Assessment and Patient Education - D. Mergen
10:15-11:15 Paroxysmal, Degenerative Disorders, and Seizures - A. Curry
11:15-12:15 Lunch (on your own)
12:15-1:15 Functional A& P for the Neuro-Surgical Patient - H. Tackett
1:15-2:00 Subarachnoid Hemorrhage (SAH) - Dr. Cunningham
2:15-3:00 Spine Anatomy and Spinal Cord Injury - R. McCall
3:00-3:45 Traumatic Brain Injury and ICP Management - J. Barbieri
3:45-4:30 Neurological Assessment - J. Wells
Course Length: 8 hours
Certification Length: None.
Includes: Student materials.
Location: Hulston Cancer Center, 4th Floor, Magnolia Room.
CoxHealth Education Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Missouri Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
7.25 Contact Hours
This program has been approved by CoxHealth for 4 trauma contact hours for CoxHealth employees.
This program has been approved by CoxHealth Stroke Center for 2.75 stroke hours for CoxHealth employees.
Accreditation approval only refers to this educational activity and does not imply endorsement of any commercial products by CoxHealth or any proprietary entity producing health care goods or services.
Participants will receive statements of credit at the end of the program when all requirements for credit have been met. Satisfactory completion of objectives will occur through program attendance. Therefore contact hours will be given only for hours the participant attends. In order to receive a statement of credit, all participants must sign-in at the registration desk, turn in a completed evaluation form at the end of the program, and demonstrate the skills necessary to complete this course.
Information presented during this activity represents the views and opinions of the presenters and does not necessarily constitute the opinion, endorsement of, or promotion by CoxHealth.
No sponsorship or commercial support has been received for this activity. No Off Label medications or medical devices will be discussed.
All speakers and planning committee members for this activity have indicated they do not have any conflicts of interest or significant financial affiliations with any pharmaceutical or medical device companies. Planning committee members and speakers have created this activity without bias or influence from all external commercial entities.
Americans with Disabilities Act: If you have special needs addressed by this act, please notify us at least two weeks before this offering. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate your needs.
Fees subject to change at any time.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.