San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This 8-hour Continuing Education class is open to all licensed practitioners of Manual/Massage Therapy.
How many of your clients/patients report jaw pain? Are they satisfied with joint- or muscle-based therapies? This class focuses on treating the trigeminal nerve and its related tissues — including pterygoid muscles, the cranial base, and the TMJ capsule. You will gain hands-on skills and a straightforward method of assessment.
Note: this class is offered at a discount when bundled with NFA – TMD @ https://nfa_headaches_intraoral.eventbrite.com. Both classes combine for a WA state intraoral certification. Purchase bundled tickets below (COMBO H/A & TMD).
INFO AND SKILLS COVERED
• Principles of a Neurofascial Approach
• Building the Map: The Trigeminal neurofascia, the TMJ capsule, and the muscles of mastication.
• Five Domains of TMD Assessment: Spatial, Functional, Temporal, Emotional, Inflammatory.
• Fascial Release Techniques: Direct, Indirect, & Rhythmic
• TMD Rehabilitation: Freedom, Awareness, Connection, Play
WHAT TO BRING
Writing materials; Set of sheets; wear loose clothing.
If we need extra tables, you may be eligible for a 10% discount. If you have a massage table and are willing to bring it, please contact Mike.Hamm@gmail.com.
Save This Event
When & Where
Michael Hamm LMP CCST
I teach anatomy, research literacy, and technique in Seattle and around the US. I work with the Massage Therapy Foundation to advance the massage profession through research, education, and community service. I write articles. I practice bodywork. Read more about Mike Hamm, or email him firstname.lastname@example.org