San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Everything you need to know to build a powerful network — both inside and outside of your organization. Boost your confidence and learn great new ways to nurture and build your network.
- Learn how to approach networking in a fresh and invigorating way
- Develop networking skills that create a rich web of strong connections
- Learn how to put your networking into action: how to work a room, be effective at meetings and events, leverage LinkedIn, etc.
- Understand how to engage in networking within an organization for greater collaboration and broader exposure for your work and your career
- Learn how to use informational interviews to expand your network
Throughout the workshop we pay special attention to the contrasts between introverts and extraverts and emphasize how different preferences result in unique networking styles.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who would like a boost in their networking skills
- Quiet leaders and technical experts who find most "networking events" unproductive
- Business leaders who want to grow their businesses organically
- Project managers and leaders who work cross-functionally
- People who feel that their careers are stuck or not progressing as fast as they would like
- People searching for new job opportunities
- Anyone with a preference for introversion who would like to be more powerful in their networking
Part I: The Networking Mindset
- What is a network?
- What is networking?
- How to network.
- The differences between introverts and extraverts when networking.
- Speed networking practice sessions.
Part II: Networking in Action
- Leveraging the power of LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media tools.
- Networking effectively at events, conferences and large meetings.
- The elevator pitch
Part III: Inside Networking
- Extending the principles of networking to internal relationships
within and across organizational boundaries.
- Stakeholder management.
- Informational interviews.
- Mentors and mentoring
- Understanding power, politics, and influence in organizations
When & Where
Heather Hollick works with quiet leaders and technical experts. She helps them enhance their leadership, build great organizations, and create invigorating careers.
She has an MBA from the University of California at Berkeley, a master’s degree in Applied Mathematics from Purdue University, and an undergraduate degree in math, physics, and secondary education. Heather is a change agent on a global scale with leadership experiences in IT, HR, consulting, and volunteer organizations. Her experience spans such companies as Cisco Systems, United Healthcare, Research in Motion, and the pensions department of the British Government.
Heather takes a unique and innovative approach to networking. She earned her networking stripes through total immersion. She has moved more than 30 times in her life — 25 times since graduating from college. In the last 8 years alone she has lived and worked in six cities, in three countries, on two continents. In each new place she hit the ground running by starting with little more than the strength of her network and a few local alumni and LinkedIn connections.
You can learn more about her at her website at HeatherHollick.com