Network, Promote, Show your Art Online NOW with Libby Clarke
2 Wednesdays 11/6 and 11/13, 7-10 pm
$95; $65 for members
I (Libby Clarke, artist and art director) want you to leave these 2 sessions fully able to get your work online in as professional a way as possible. You will know what options exist for publishing your online portfolio and how best to navigate them. You will know how to handle the seemingly endless social media tasks that can suck all the time out of your day. You will have a plan to promote your work in the most appropriate way according to your needs. Basically, you will be better positioned to get your work in the shows and venues you desire.
- What should your online strategy be?
- How do you best present your work?
- Taking/processing photos of physical work
- Presenting virtual work
- What social media tools and techniques are most effective
- Finding design help or doing it on your own
- Possible free platforms
- Possible paid platforms
- Putting it all together: your portfolio is born!
- Handling emails, tweets, texts, and such
- Promoting your work in a manageable way
- Looking for opportunities
When & Where
The Gowanus Studio Space
The Gowanus Studio Space encourages inter-disciplinary exchange and provides affordable access to facilities for artists and designers. Offering exhibition, curation and production opportunities, the studio is an incubator for new ideas and an inroad to today's insular art world.
The GSS' 60+ members rent low-cost studios and storage and have 24-hour access to a woodshop, print studio, metal shop and large common workspace. GSS was established with little funding in industrial Gowanus in 2007.
Visit www.gowanusstudio.org for more details