San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Full NERT Training: Are you new to the NERT program?
The full NERT training consists of six class sessions that are approximately three hours each. NERT Training is free to anyone who lives or works in San Francisco.
Note: It is important for new participants to attend all sessions to gain the full benefit of the training.
- Enrollment must begin by the 2nd class session to participate.
- A certificate may be issued to new graduates at Class 6.
- Make-up classes must be completed within 6 months of beginning NERT training.
- To make up a class do not select a ticket. Contact the NERT Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-970-2022; let us know the date, time, class number, and original class.
- If you are recertifying within 1 year of expiration, click here to enroll: http://bit.ly/2kuBDtT If you have been expired for more than one year, you must re-take the full course.
Full NERT Training Course Outline:
Class Session #1 - Mon. April 10, 6:30-10:00PM
Earthquake Awareness, Preparedness, and Hazard Mitigation
Class Session #2 - Mon. April 17, 6:30-10:00PM
Types of Fire, Hazardous Materials/Terrorism Awareness, Utility Shut-off
Class Session #3 - Mon. April 24, 6:30-10:00PM
Class Session #4 - Mon. May 01, 6:30-10:00PM
Light Search and Rescue
Class Session # 5 - Mon. May 08, 6:30-10:00PM
Emergency Team Organization & Disaster Psychology
Class Session # 6 - Mon. May 15, 6:30-10:00PM
Hands-On Skills Application, Course Review, and Graduation
Save This Event
When & Where
SFFD Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT)
NERT is a community based training program dedicated to a neighbor-helping-neighbor approach. It is beneficial for individuals, neighborhood groups and community-based organizations in San Francisco. Through this program, individuals will learn the basics of personal preparedness and prevention. The training also includes hands-on disaster skills that will help individuals respond to a personal emergency as well as act as members of a neighborhood response team.
A typical NERT volunteer is not one type. The NERT volunteer is anyone who is active and involved in the community--or wants to be. San Francisco is made up of many neighborhoods. We are training to be one ready community when it counts. The Emergency Response is key but the Neighborhood Team comes first.