Date: November 10, 2016 - Due to the time sensitive nature of this course, tickets will go on sale October 13, 2016
Time: 9:00am - 11:00am, 08:30 am practice for first time Providers. Please contact Carol Coughlan at email@example.com to secure an early time for Provider training.
Course Decscription:This is a 2 hour Neonatal Resuscitation Program Provider Course for Renewals and First Time Providers following the completion of the NRP online exam. RCHSD is offering this class in accordance with the Joint Commission Recommendation to conduct Neonatal Resuscitation drills with debriefing to evaluate and improve performance. NRP guidelines and recommendations from AHA and AAP are utilized. Learners will participate in integrated skills stations that incorporate simulation and debriefing in a group setting. Additionally, learners will learn to incorporate teamwork and communication in the skills stations and debriefing sessions. Learners will also self-evaluate how the team managed the events, what went well, and how to improve. ***Course material and instructions to claim your Part 1 for the course will be in the confirmation email once registered for the course.***
Upon completion of this program the learner will be able to:
- Decide if a newborn needs resuscitation
- Provide initials steps of resuscitation
- Provide free-flow oxygen and/or continuous positive airway pressure
- Utilize an oximeter and interpret oximeter readings
- Perform bag/mask ventilation on newborns/neonates
- Demonstrate knowledge of administering emergency medications
- Perform resuscitation in various scenarios as applicable
Please Note Important Information:
- You must register prior to attending this course
- You must complete the Part 1 NRP online exam 30 days prior to coming to this class
- If you are not an RCHSD employee (not including travelers or MDs), you will need to pay a course fee the day of the class. Course fee is $50.