Course Name: Graph Data Modelling with Neo4j
Duration: 5-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Intermediate
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- An understanding of the labeled property graph
- How to apply the property graph to common modeling problems
- Common graph structures for modeling complex, connected scenarios
- Criteria for choosing between different modeling options
- How to modify an existing model to accommodate new requirements
- You will need some familiarity with Neo4j, and the Cypher language in particular. The material from the Intro to Neo4j course is sufficient knowledge to understand this course
This course teaches how to design and implement a graph data model and associated queries. With a mixture of instruction and hands-on practice sessions, you’ll learn how to apply the property graph model to solve common modeling problems. You’ll also learn how to evolve an existing graph in a controlled manner to support new or changed requirements.
- Introduction to the labeled property graph model
- Modeling guidelines
- Common graph structures
- Evolving a graph model
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Stefan Armbruster, Neo Technology
Stefan has spent ~15 years as a freelancing consultant, mainly focused on web applications (esp. Grails) with the last 3 years working with Neo4j. Aside from coding in the java ecosystem. He is a passionate Linux veteran since the kernel 1.0.x days and when not coding, he cycles and is a volunteer firefighter at the local fire department, acting as team lead and instructor. He's all geek and loves technology, good food, and red wines.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop with Neo4j installed and a power cord. We will supply lunch and refreshments.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail email@example.com