Course Code: Neo4j Compact
Duration: 16-hours/2 days, 9am-5pm
Skill Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, Administrators, DevOps engineers, DBAs, Business Analysts, and students.
You don’t need any previous experience with Neo4j, NOSQL databases or specific development languages
This course helps build knowledge around modeling, querying and importing data into the Neo4j graph database.
You will learn the core functionality of Neo4j before learning how to design and evolve a graph model in hands on practice sessions.
You'll become skilled with the Cypher query language and practice using it to import data and write queries to answer complex questions.
You will also become familiar with user defined procedures/functions and how to use them to turbo-charge your Neo4j applications.
- Introduction to graphs and the property graph model
- Getting started with Neo4j and the Cypher query language
- Graph modeling - modeling guidelines, common graph structures, criteria for choosing between different modeling options
- Graph refactoring - evolving the model to accommodate new requirements, batching large updates
- Query profiling and optimisation - tips and techniques
- User defined procedures and functions
- Online Data import - ingestion of CSV, JSON and other data formats using Cypher and the APOC library
- Bulk Data Import - ingestion of huge initial dataset using the neo4j-import tool
- Building a graph application with Neo4j language drivers
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
One of our expert below will be your instructor
Pieter Cailliau - Neo Technology
Pieter is part of Neo Technology’s Field Engineering team based in London. He holds a MSc in Computer Science from Ghent University, where he wrote a distinguished thesis on time-based graph models. Prior to joining Neo Technology, Pieter was an instanceof Software Engineer at TomTom, the world’s leader in location and navigation software, where he introduced neo4j to enable real-time impact analysis on their map.
Jesús Barrasa - Neo Technology
Jesús is a field engineer with Neo Technology based in London. He combines over 15 years of profesional experience in consulting and professional services in the Information management space. Prior to joining Neo Technology, Jesús worked at Ontology Systems for seven years where he got first hand experience with large graph DB deployments in many successful graph based projects for major Telecommunications companies all over the world.
Jesús holds a Ph.D. in Computing Science from the Politécnica University of Madrid where he carried out his research on graph data modelling and Semantic Technologies.
Mark Needham - Neo Technology
Mark is a graph advocate and software engineer for Neo Technology, the company behind the Neo4j graph database.
He previously spent time worked as a field engineer helping customers embrace graph data and Neo4j building sophisticated solutions to challenging data problems
He writes his experiences of being a graphista on a popular blog at http://markhneedham.com/blog. He tweets at @markhneedham.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org