Actions and Detail Panel
Negotiation for Purchasing Training - April 6-7
NEGOTIATION FOR PURCHASING AND PROCUREMENT TRAINING
Many organizations today are operating at close to maximum efficiency, doing more with less, and doing it faster than ever before. However, an often-neglected area of profit potential exists within the contract negotiation and re-negotiation process with suppliers.
This negotiation training workshop will help purchasing and procurement managers build the skills necessary to drive better results to the organizations bottom line. Participants learn that with skill and practice, facilitating a collaborative negotiation that leaves both their own firm and the supplier organization victorious, is achievable. This workshop develops the skills purchasing manager's need to drive mutual victory.
Participants in this dynamic workshop learn how to strengthen their negotiation skills through classroom game sessions, extensive role-play, and exercises. They receive one-on-one personal feedback that helps improve their ability to communicate and negotiate in complex and difficult negotiation sessions. Participants build skills negotiating individually and in team negotiation environments.
Participants will learn to:
- Assess negotiation behavioral style and how to best interact with others
- Recognize counterproductive assumptions and positions
- Develop an effective plan and strategy for any negotiation
- Utilize the phases of negotiation for better outcomes
- Deal with difficult people objectively and assertively
- Build creative solutions to challenging scenarios
- Negotiate in person, on the phone, individually, and in teams
- Immediately recognize manipulative tactics and how to respond
- Manage conflict quickly before it escalates out of control