San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
February 23rd General Mtg & 1Hr CPE Preso 4:30-6pm, Networking 6-7pm with Appetizers
Meeting Location: Sheraton Hotel, TBD, 10605 Deerwood Park Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Meeting Sponsor: Bromium
Cost: $10 for Guests, Free to all ISSA Members
Speaker: Mike Burwick, CISSP, Regional Sales Manager
Mike Burwick has over fifteen years of networking and IT security experience in various consulting and systems engineering roles. Currently working with Bromium, Mike interfaces with security teams across the US Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions focusing on endpoint protection and malware analysis. Prior virtual security experience also includes Stonesoft (now Forcepoint), who launched the first commercial virtual firewalls and IPS solutions based on x86 architecture. Prior certifications include the CISSP and various vendor solutions.
Presentation: Virtualization Based Security: Using Endpoint CPU Virtualization to Transform Enterprise Security
The use of CPU enforced isolation makes endpoints fundamentally more secure "by design" allowing enterprises to proactively protect endpoints from attack without relying on the notion that it is possible to detect attackers before they strike. We will discuss how virtualization enables endpoints to facilitate execution-time monitoring and automatically remediate themselves if attacked.
For more information visit: www.bromium.com
• Patron Sponsors Page: http://neflorida.issa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=69
Schedule of 2017 Meetings: 4/6, 5/18, 8/24, 10/5, 11/16
Chapter goals and leadership principles:
• To have informative chapter events and fun professional social networking
• Share and promote vendor neutral best practices for information security
• Promote the educational and ethical standards, and the knowledge base of the ISSA association and the CISSP certification
More info: Please contact the local Board of Directors of the Jacksonville / NE Florida ISSA Chapter at: ISSA - Board@neflorida.issa.org
• Board Members: Chris Layfield (Verizon Enterprise), Vicki Harris (Maximus), Scott Manning (Black Knight Financial), James Case (Baptist Health), Josh Oquendo (Black Knight Financial), Derek Sandland (The Main Street America Group)
To join ISSA: Go to www.issa.org and click Join Now. For the Chapter selection, find Northeast Florida chapter.