NECEC’s Strategic Partner & Innovation Summit will convene leaders from across the clean energy ecosystem including state and local government, utilities, and large energy customers in the Northeast to share insights, solutions, and goals with some of the world’s leading energy firms, regional cleantech startups and clean energy growth companies to address the challenges and opportunities of transitioning to a 21st century energy system and a clean transportation system.
To develop this new energy system, we need ultimately to bring up 5 pillars: renewable energy generation, buildings that are efficient and that are ideally net energy positive, energy storage, decarbonized transport and a smart grid to bring it altogether.
At this meeting we are going to focus on two of those pillars:
With Northeast cities and states seeking to achieve aggressive clean energy goals, the focus is now turning to the question of how do we achieve these goals. Even with the economics of clean energy on a positive trend, regional Utilities and third-party developers are still struggling to decide on the best business models and partnership models to scale up technology solutions to meet these goals.
The event will include two panel discussions with facilitated breakout sessions. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet policy makers and learn the latest clean energy policy development and market implications, meet large clean energy customers (Cities/Universities/C&I) to understand their needs and perspective and new opportunities
- Learn about partnering best practices and meet potential new partners
- Leave with a set of actions to help us all move closer to the goals
11:30 am to 12:00 pm: Registration
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm: Networking Lunch with Cleantech Navigate Northeast Partner Organizations (Incubators, universities, innovation organizations from the Northeast ecosystem)
1:00 pm to 1:15 pm: Welcoming Remarks
- NECEC President Peter Rothstein
- Ernst & Young
- NECEC Corporate Development Executive Alistair Pim
1:15 pm to 2:00 pm: 21st Century Energy System Panel
- Moderated by NECEC Executive Vice President Janet Gail Besser and with panelists from utilities, large customers, entrepreneurs and policy makers
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm: Breakout Discussions & Report Back
3:00 pm to 3:15 pm: Coffee & Networking Break
3:15 pm to 4:00 pm: Decarbonizing Transportation Panel
- Moderated by NECEC Corporate Development Executive Alistair Pim with speakers representing viewpoints of the utilities, large corporates, entrepreneurs and policy makers