Actions and Detail Panel
ND KLIFE DODGEBALL
Sat, Mar 25, 2017, 11:00 AM – Sun, Mar 26, 2017, 6:00 PM CDT
TO SIGN UP A TEAM, PLEASE CLICK "TICKETS" IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE!
You asked, we granted! NEW RULE! Co-ed teams no longer required!**
LEAGUE START TIMES
- Little & Middle School: Check-in at 11am, Start at 11:30am**
- High School: Check-in at 2pm, Start at 2:30pm
- Adult: Check in at 5pm, Start at 5:30pm
EVENT INFORMATION - printable rules can be found at northdallas.klife.com
- All players must have a completed waiver to be able to play. Waivers can be found on our website: northdallas.klife.com
- Double Elimination
- If “Winner’s Bracket” champ is undefeated, winner of “Consolation Bracket” must defeat the “Winner’s Bracket” champs twice to win the title.
- CO-ED NOT REQUIRED*
- To play, each team must register by Thursday, March 23, 2017
- If you want a free tournament t-shirt, you must be registered online by Friday, March 10th
- Each player on each team must have a signed liability waiver before play.
- Each Team must pay the full entry fee by “game time.” Entry fees are $200 per team with a minimum of 6 and maximum of 8 on each team.
- All players must be in the correct grade/age bracket for their division. The only exceptions are players “playing up” an age division (i.e. a 5th grader playing in the Junior High age division)
- Players must remove all jewelry before playing.
- Proper athletic footwear and apparel are required to participate.
- Team uniforms are highly encouraged – Prizes for team spirit awarded.
- All balls are live until they hit the floor.
- Players may pass through their end line only to retrieve stray balls.
- When retrieving a ball, the player must immediately re-enter the playing field only through their end line.
- A player shall not:
- Enter or re-enter the field through the sideline
- Leave the playing field to avoid being hit or to catch a ball
- Have any part of their body cross the center line and contact the ground on their opponents side of the court; if so the player will be declared out
- All rounds will be played in best 2 out of 3 format (winner of 2 games moves on to next round)
- The object of the game is to eliminate all opposing players by getting them “out” this is done by:
- Hitting an opposing player with a thrown ball below the shoulders; head shots are illegal and thrower will be declared “out”
- Catching a ball thrown by your opponent before it touches the ground
- Catching a ball thrown by your opponent after it is deflected by another ball before it hits the ground
- Causing an opponent to drop a held ball as a result of contact by a thrown LIVE ball
- When the starting whistle is blown each team will sprint to the center line to retrieve the balls - no physical contact will be allowed at the line.
- Once the balls are retrieved from the center line, players must take their ball all the way back to the endline before it can be thrown.
- First team to legally eliminate all opposing players will be declared the winner.
- A player may defend himself by using another dodgeball or by catching a thrown ball.
- Each game has a 5 minute time limit. Buy back bands cannot be used in the last minute of play.
- The team with the most players at the end of regulation will be declared the winner.
- If teams have an equal amount of players at the end of regulation, overtime will begin. (See overtime rules below)
BUY BACK BANDS
- Players may purchase “buy back bands” prior to and during each game of the tournament.
- Each band represents a pass back into the game if they have been eliminated. Each band may only be used once and then given to the referee.
- There is no rule as to the number of bands a player may use per game.
- In the game’s last minute of play, buy back opportunities are no longer allowed and the teams must finish the game with the current players on the court.
- Overtime will use sudden death format…the first team to eliminate an opposing player wins.
- At the beginning of overtime each team will start with the same amount of dodgeballs.
STALLING/5 SECOND RULE
- It is illegal for the leading team to control all the balls for more than 5 seconds. If the leading team controls all the balls, they must make a legitimate effort to get at least one ball across the attack line into the opponent’s backcourt.
- 1st violation- time is called and balls are evenly distributed between the teams
- 2nd violation- a “free throw” for the opposing team, in which one player is allowed an unobstructed throw at their opponents without risk of elimination
- 3rd violation- ejection of one player from the offending team. Player cannot buy back in.
- Any rules not covered on this rules sheet are subject to interpretation by KLIFE Staff.
- No spectators are allowed in the team bench area.
- Late players will not be allowed to enter a game already in progress. The beginning number of players must equal the ending number.
- Play can only be stopped by the court referee - There are no timeouts allowed, unless called by the court referee.
- KLIFE reserves the right to move teams into or out of any division at any time at their discretion.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- The tournament will be monitored by referees, but the Honor System is in effect. Use your integrity!
- No foul language is allowed.
- No “head shots” allowed - this will be determined by the court referee.
- No arguing with officials, arguing with officials will result in the offending player to be declared “out.”
- If excessive force (i.e. intentionally throwing a ball at someone’s head) or unsportsmanlike tactics are used while participating involved parties will be ejected from the tournament.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated under any circumstances! Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in immediate ejection of that player from the tournament. Be responsible for your actions and maintain self-control.
- All in-game Code of Conduct violations will be determined by the game referees. Their decisions are FINAL.
- HAVE FUN!!!