Actions and Detail Panel
NCPD: Spiral Dynamics® I - 06/2017
Mon, Jun 26, 2017, 9:00 AM – Tue, Jun 27, 2017, 6:00 PM MDT
Spiral Dynamics® I:
Understanding Emergent Cyclical Levels of Existence Theory (ECLET)
“Exploring how Life Circumstances Evoke New Cognitive Capacities in an Ever-Evolving, Spiral Fashion”
- Instructor: Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN, ACS
- Date: Monday, June 26 through Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Time: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm All Days (Check-In at 8:30 am)
- Where: Noeticus Office; 190 East 9th Avenue, Suite #310; Denver CO 80203
- Cost: $225 General Fee; $175 Graduate Student Fee; $125 Noeticus Staff/Alumni
- Discount: $200 Group of 3 or More Registering Together; $190 Military Personnel/Veterans
- Contact Hours: 15.0 Contact Hours of Continuing Education (CE)
- Registration: Pre-Registration is required for attendance
- Size: Limited to 20 Participants; Please Register Early to Ensure Placement
Related Spiral Dynamics® Training Opportunities in 2017:
- February 27-28, 2017: Spiral Dynamics® I Training (15 Hrs; M/T); Ryan Kennedy, PsyD
- June 26-27, 2017: Spiral Dynamics® I Training (15 Hrs; M/T); with Ryan Kennedy, PsyD
- October 23-24, 2017: Spiral Dynamics® II Training (15 Hrs; M/T); Ryan Kennedy, PsyD
Other Training Opportunities at Noeticus:
- Noeticus Addiction Counselor Clinical Training Program (NACCTP): http://www.noeticus.org/nacctp.html
- Noeticus Center for Professional Development (NCPD): http://www.noeticus.org/ncpd.html
- Noeticus Integative Gestalt Therapy Certification Program (NIGTCP): http://www.noeticus.org/nigtcp.html
- Noeticus Post-Graduate Training and Certification Program (NPGTCP): http://www.noeticus.org/npgtcp.html
Spiral Dynamics® (SD) refers to the colorful way in which change consultants Chris Cowan and Don Beck came to call Emergent Cyclical Levels of Existence Theory (ECLET), a theory that was originally generated by developmental psychologist Clare W. Graves, PhD and later adapted by contemporary philosopher Ken Wilber as part of his Integral Approach.
In essence, it is a progressive model of human development that explores how life circumstances shape thought processes and what the value systems are that give those experiences meaning. One of the focal points of Spiral Dynamics® is in learning how people use their value systems to try to solve various problems in living and how mastering the solutions to those very problems then creates new, more challenging life circumstances.
In the first part of this engaging two-part experiential training series, participants are taught the basic elements of the model, which provides context for understanding how "value-holding systems" are associated with motivation, beliefs, and behaviors. It also explores the importance of being able to recognize and communicate with people within their various value-holding systems in order to build trust, offer meaningful rewards, and facilitate change.
The second part of the series focuses on applying these concepts specifically to individual and organizational change. It includes learning the three assessments associated with Spiral Dynamics® - the Change State Indicator (CSI), the Discover (DSC), and the Values Profile II (VPII) - and applying them to individuals and/or teams to help understand how they operate, what motivates them, where they get stuck, and how to support them in the change process. Participants interested in purchasing and completing their own SD assessments prior to the training have the opportunity to do so and are welcome to use them during the training to help better understand themselves as individuals and/or as part of a team or organization.
Spiral Dynamics® I is the first part of a two part experiential training series in the theory and application of Emergent Cyclical Levels of Existence Theory to individual and organizational development. During Spiral Dynamics® I, participants learn the following theoretical foundations:
- The Four Quadrants of Integral Theory
- The difference between Lines, Levels (Stages), States, and Types of Development
- How to recognize the Double Helix of Life Conditions and Coping
- The importance of differentiating between values and behaviors
- The developmental tension between self-expressing and self-sacrificing systems
- How the Gravesian levels relate to the color scheme in Spiral Dynamics®
The second part of this two-part series is our Spiral Dynamics® II training (see below for dates). In this training, participants build upon their theoretical foundation and add to it practical skills by applying SD theory to individual and organizational change processes and incorporating the following new concepts:
- Spiral Dynamics® Theory of Change
- Spiral Dynamics® Conditions of Change
- Three Variations of Change related to levels of development
- Five Change States
- Directions and Orders of Change
- Spiral Dynamics® Assessment Tools
In addition to providing participants with an overview of the theoretical framework behind Spiral Dynamics® and Emergent Cyclical Levels of Existence Theory, this training series offers an opportunity to explore and practice some of the techniques associated with understanding and managing change and working "with the spiral" in effective and informed ways.
Both 15-hour training intensives are for counseling psychology graduate students, post-graduate mental health professionals, business owners, human resources specialists, and corporate coaches and consultants who are interested in pursuing and developing a stronger integrative approach to change management. Registration for this training is limited and will be highly participatory and experiential in nature.
SPECIAL NOTE: Receive a 25% Discount Code for our Spiral Dynamics® II Training after registering for our Spiral Dynamics® I Training!
Ryan Kennedy, PsyD, LAC, LMFT, LPC, RN, CGP, DBTC, ACS, is the Executive and Training Director at Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute and an Approved Clinical Supervisor. He has been a psychotherapist since 1993 and a counselor educator and clinical supervisor since 1996. As an educator, he has been on the faculties of Front Range Community College, Naropa University, Prescott College, and University of Colorado Denver. His clinical training is in the areas of trauma and dissociative disorders, chronic and persistent mental illness, psychiatric nursing and psychopharmacology, addictions and recovery, domestic/family violence, and living with life-threatening illnesses. In addition to his extensive clinical training and experience, he also specializes in organizational development and training. Among other things, he is certified in administering the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) and completed Level Two Certification in Spiral Dynamics® with Chris Cowan and Natasha Todorovic, PhD of NVC Consulting in Santa Barbara, California.
This training draws from the text, The Never Ending Quest: Dr. Clare W. Graves Explores Human Nature, edited by Chris Cowan and Natasha Todorovic of National Values Center Consulting. Training participants may benefit from purchasing this book prior to the training and bringing it with them to the training as a resource. The text is available HERE as well as many other booksellers.
- Visit: Our website at: www.noeticus.org/ncpd.html
- Contact: Elise Cook, MA, LPC, NCC; Training and Education Manager
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 303-399-9988 x 510
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
We hope you will be able to attend your training after you register, but we also understand that life can present many complications and challenges that are sometimes unavoidable. If you register for a training and discover later that you will be unable to attend, please take a look at our Cancellation and Refund Policy to see what your options are, then let us know what you'd like to do. Here is a link to the policy: http://www.noeticus.org/Cancel_and_Refund_Policy.html
Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute has been approved by NAADAC as an Approved Education Provider, AEP, #151584. Programs that do not qualify for NAADAC credit are clearly identified. Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6704. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.