NCAFCS 99th Annual Conference
Welcome to the NCAFCS Annual Conference Website!
We're headed to the Queen City to join Family and Consumer Sciences professionals from across the state to:
Provide research-based information, best practices, and resources they can use in their practice setting
Promote financial literacy of North Carolina individuals, families, and communities
Demonstrate the cross-discipline connection of financial literacy and resource management to other Family and Consumer Sciences content areas
Facilitate collaboration and partnerships
We hope you will join us as we grow, learn, share, and connect to improve the quality of lives of North Carolinians! Review the below information before clicking on green "Register" button.
For questions, feel free to contact:
Reno Palombit, 1st Vice President of Programs
Family & Consumer Sciences Education Consultant
NC Department of Public Instruction
See you in The Queen City!
Registration (closes February 15th)
- Member: $150
- Nonmember: $175
- Student: $90
- Educational Experience Sessions: varies
Only online registrations are being accepted. Register by clicking on the green "Register" button. You can pay by credit card or check. If you selected the Pay By Check option, please send your check immediately to Marilyn Gore (PO Box 562013, Charlotte, NC 28256-2013).
Refund requests may be made by Emailing Reno.Palombit@dpi.nc.gov. Full or partial refunds are available until February 15, 2017, after-which no refund will be granted.
Want more details? Click Here for a DRAFT Schedule
Thursday, March 2nd
- Educational Experience Sessions (not included in standard registration- see below)
- NCAFCS Executive Board Meeting (evening)
Friday, March 3rd
- 9:00 AM- Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 10:00 AM- Grand Opening Session
- 12:00-1:00 PM- Un-Conference Lunch
- 1:15-3:00 PM- Research Presentations and Concurrent Sessions
- 3:15-5:00- Communities of Interest and Student Unit
Saturday, March 4th
- 8:00-9:00 AM- City Walk & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-10:00 AM- Balancing Budgets & Lifting Lives Presentation
- 10:15-11:15 AM- Concurrent Sessions
- 11:30-12:30 PM- Concurrent Sessions
- 12:30-1:30 PM- Un-Conference Lunch
- 1:30-3:00 PM- Conference Closing Session w/ Awards and Culinary Demonstration
Educational Experience Sessions (Optional)
This year we will be offering an assortment of Educational Experience Sessions on Thursday, March 2nd at an additional cost. These hands-on sessions are designed to build skills and knowledge of family and consumer sciences and related careers. Their is limited room and registration for these events closes February 15th, so book your spot today! If you register for an Educational Experience Session on Thursday you will be contacted by the organizer in February with more details.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Charlotte is now accepting reservations for our NCAFCS group. They are convienently located on the Johnson & Wales University campus where our meeting will take place.
Reservation Deadline: February 8th, 2017 (or until soldout)
Conference hotel rate is $129 a night
Book reservations using Group Code “FCS” by either:
• Going online to http://tinyurl.com/zgbdmed
• Calling 1-800-HILTONS
• Calling the hotel direct at (704)-347-0070
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Interested in supporting the NC Association of Family & Consumer Sciences Annual Conference or exhibiting?
Contact Reno.Palombit@dpi.nc.gov for Exhibitor and Sponsorship opportunities!