Navigating Through Regulatory Requirements: Starting a Business in the City...
Navigating Through Regulatory Requirements: Starting a Business in the City of Columbia
Starting a business for the first time can be a daunting task for most entrepreneurs. The navigating through regulations and requirements workshop is for entrepreneurs interested in starting a business in the City of Columbia. This workshop will cover select occupations guiding aspiring entrepreneurs through the municipal and state regulations surrounding the opening of a small business.
At this workshop, participants will get a better understanding of the requirements for starting a business in the City of Columbia. Participants will also be provided with tips to expedite the process and understand the various resources that are available to them.
- Provide an overview of the requirements for starting a business in the City using flow charts
- Make business development and regulatory policy a little easier to understand and navigate
- Inform startups of the importance of business plans, zoning, permits, license, levels of taxes, locations, and insurance
- Discuss different levels of government authorities and their responsibilities
- Provide tips and contacts to expedite the process
- Encourage business readiness
- Advise and assist entrepreneurs in the start-up stage
- Facilitate questions
Small Business Benefits:
- Better understand the time table of the process it takes to open a business
- Reduce unnecessary spending before purchasing/leasing a building
- Better understand site selections for sustainable growth
- Understand various resources available to help with start-ups
- Business readiness
For more information, please contact Angelo McBride at 803.545.3960.