Come join us for this unique 3 class-series taught in English but that will provide you with some basic French knowledge!
The price listed here includes the three sessions. If you want to attend just one of the class sessions, then sign up through our other site by clicking here.
The sessions will enable you to hone your current beginner French language comprehension while also providing you insights about French culture and the manner in which French people go about business.
It will take place on 3 consecutive Tuesday evenings from 6-7:30PM (March 13, 20 and 27).
Session #1: Getting to know you
Tuesday, March 13 from 6-7:30pm
The snail approach to getting to know French people:
- the questions they'll never ask you
- the questions you may want to ask
- being formal or not: when and how (vous or tu?)
- the smile that will bite you along with some unfortunate gestures
- common faux pas: myth & reality
Session #2: I will love you and I will hate you
Tuesday, March 20 from 6-7:30pm
Don't try to change the culture, but let the culture change you--just a little bit ;)
- oatmeal vs croissant, and the social value of the croissant
- eating and drinking habits: myth & reality
- do's and don'ts when invited to someone's home
- rude or shy? French or foe? negative or pessimistic?: how history affects culture and relationships
- double standards: I don't like you but I love you
Session #3: Do you understand the words coming out my mouth?
Tuesday, March 27 from 6-7:30pm
Learn how to break the language barrier:
- learn how to speak French fluently with 5 verbs and a bunch of words
- être, avoir, faire, aller, vouloir (to be, to have, to do, to go, to want) are your new best friends
- learn 5 idioms that will take you a long way
- they refuse to speak English vs they won't speak French with me
- create your own phrase book
As in all pariSoma CoLearning classes, snacks and beverages will be provided!
About your Instructor
Dominique Bremond is the owner and President of The French Class Inc., a school for learning French language and culture in a fun environment that has been in business for over 20 years! She loves teaching and her students enjoy her dynamic way of teaching.
When & Where
[ classes ] PARISOMA
At PARISOMA, we host hands-on workshops on vital new skills for the digital age.
Whether you are launching a new business or starting a new career, our classes are designed to prepare you for what’s next.
Here’s to the life-long learners.