Actions and Detail Panel
Nature Days for Homeschoolers October 21, 2016
Fri, October 21, 2016, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Nature Days for Homeschoolers
Join us for a day of learning and exploring the natural world - all ages welcome!
October 21 - Hiking the Bluffs
Program Start Times
- Morning Program: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Lunch Break: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Afternoon Program: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- All children must be accompanied by an adult. All participants aged 4 and older must register for this event (that is, purchase a ticket). For returning homeschool families, please note that parents/guardians are not required to pay this year.
- Registration closes October 19, 2016 at 12:00 noon.
- To register online (CREDIT CARD only), please select the appropriate ticket above and follow the instructions.
- To register in person (CREDIT CARD, DEBIT or CASH), please visit the John Hix Conservation Administration Centre located at 8195 8th Line, Essa, between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (directions).
- To register by phone (CREDIT CARD only), please call 705-424-1479.
Is a paper ticket required for this event?
No, a paper ticket is not necessary!
What is the refund policy?
Refunds can be issued until the close of registration. No refunds will be issued after this date.
Is there any food for purchase at Nottawasaga Bluffs?
For those eating lunch with us, please note that there is no food available here for purchase. We also ask participants to be mindful of our litterless lunch policy and deposit any food-related garbage or recycling off-site.
Please be sure to bring your water bottle, as there is no running water on-site.
Do I need to accompany my (teenaged) children to this event?
We do require that all children have an adult supervisor on-site and participating in our programs in case of unforeseen incidents (sickness, injury, etc.). If you would like to assign supervision of your children to another adult who will be participating, that would be fine. We simply ask that they be registered with the individual who has accepted this responsibility.
What if it rains?
All of our programs run rain or shine. Please come prepared for outdoor activity and dress appropriately for the weather.
Can I bring my dog to this event?
While leashed dogs are allowed on NVCA trails, we ask that they do not accompany you during programming times.
My friends will also be attending this event. Can we request to be placed in the same group/class?
Due to the number of participants and the nature of our programs, we can not guarantee placement with other registrants.