Natural Foods Training Program with Chef Jenny Brewer
Ends Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Cruz, CA
If you’ve been wanting to change your diet for the better, you will want to join my Natural Foods Cooking Program where you’ll:
- Build an arsenal of recipes featuring WHOLE unprocessed foods that will leave you more satisfied and nourished with every bite (and they are easy to make!)
- Explore my tried and true ‘chef’ secrets and my 3-F formula for making healthy food TASTE AMAZING (like leafy greens that are so yummy you will start to crave them..yes, seriously…)
Learn creative, simple ways to get more nutrient-packed super foods into your diet (how about tasty snack crackers made out of flaxseed? Yes, please!)
- Prepare easy-to-make, high-protein refrigerator staples to replicate at home so you always have something healthy to eat (and they make raw vegetables MUCH more exciting!)
- Satisfy your cravings for SALTY, crunchy treats by learning easy recipes for nutrient dense, high-protein snacks (like tortilla chips you can bake at home that taste like they were deep fat fried…yum!!)
- Discover ways to satisfy your SWEET tooth with treats and desserts that are nutrient-dense yet also taste and look like something you would serve to a guest (I’ll share my award winning recipe with a secret ingredient that will amaze you!)
We will also explore ways to be happier, more inspired cooks:
- You will practice the art of seasoning and tasting recipes so you will be less dependent on recipes (a CONFIDENT cook is a happy cook!)
- Plus, you’ll learn knife skills, like how to mince garlic and dice an onion quickly so you can prepare your meals in less time (an EFFICIENT cook is a happy cook!)
- You will be exposed to lots of natural foods ingredients so you can greatly increase your knowledge of healthy foods–making shopping and meal planning easier and a lot more fun. (a KNOWLEDGEABLE cook is a happy cook!)
Friday, October 25th, 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Saturday, October 26th, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday, October 27th, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- A delicious dinner Friday evening with healthy ‘mocktails’ or red wine
- Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- An organized binder with recipes, and cooking guides
- 14 hours of Healthy Cooking Instruction, including:
- Informative Nutrition Discussions including lots of time for questions
- Hands-On Cooking Instruction in a small group (maximum 10 students) with Chef Jenny and her assistants
- Tasting exercises so you can learn to balance flavors so you can cook great tasting, healthy food with or without a recipe
- Recipes will focus on nutrient-dense, plant based foods, like seasonal vegetables, beans and legumes, nuts and seeds, and sea vegetables. We may also include some use of dairy and eggs, and in those cases, there will always be alternatives for vegans
Cancellation & Missed Class Policy:
You will be eligible for a full refund if cancellation is received within 14 days of the start of class, less a $50 processing fee.
If you need to cancel within 14 days, you will not be eligible for a refund, however, you may either send someone in your place or transfer your registration to another Natural Foods Cooking Training.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to Contact us!
When & Where
Chef Jenny Brewer
After years of yo-yo dieting, Chef Jenny turned her major struggle in life (food) into her passion (FOOD!) and is on a mission to help people feel great in their bodies while eating delicious food! She’s a graduate of the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health & Culinary Arts in New York City and has a Masters degree in Nutrition. Jenny has been teaching nutrition and holistic cooking for over 10 years.
Chef Jenny is the co-host of Green Tea and Honey, a weekly radio show about food, health and the joys of eating. Her recipes have appeared on numerous websites and publications and she is a regular contributor to Delicious Living magazine.
Jenny currently lives in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA with her happy recipe-testing husband Eric. After cooking and eating, her favorite pastimes are playing beach volleyball, yoga and singing with the Inner Light Ministries Choir.