Actions and Detail Panel
National Nanny Training Day - Baltimore - 2017
Sat, April 29, 2017, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM EDT
Professional Nannies of Baltimore is proud to present this year's:
National Nanny Training Day - Baltimore - 2017
Ticket sales are open NOW until April 15th.
Regular Tickets available starting March 1st, ending on April 15th.
Please be sure to read the full event details, including the "Important Details" found the bottom.
We look forward to seeing familiar and new faces this April as we come together again for continuing education, career training and camaraderie!
This year's NNTD will feature:
- Six quality childcare workshops:
- Healthy Sleep Habbits for Babies and Toddlers
- Speech and Language Development in Young Children
- Childhood Nutrition: Everyday Choices that Foster Whole Body Health
- Allergies: Prevention, Detection, Treatment - including Proper Use of Epi-Pens
- Early Intervention of Developmental Delays and Disabilities
- Social and Emotional Development in Children: Fostering a Culture of Compassion and Connection
- a full luncheon
- access to exciting local vendors
- games and networking
- custom made swag bags
- a chance to win the door prize
- raffle prizes*
- and a Certificate of Completion
*raffle prize tickets sold separately
Please join the Professional Nannies of Baltimore community online at:
For networking, support, nanny socials, children's events, discussion, career trainings, and more. Be sure to read the group description and follow the guidelines for requesting approval to join.
You can also find the public page here: Professional Nannies of Baltimore
A brief history of National Nanny Training Day:
National Nanny Training Day is a national training effort headed by Sue Downey of Nannypalooza. Each year it is put into action on the local level in dozens of cities throughout the USA. Last year NNTD expanded to London and this year it has expanded further into Australia! It is a one day training event that offers multiple quality training and continuing career workshops that can be put to use immediately by dedicated and passionate nannies the world over.
"National Nanny Training Day is held to recognize the needs of young children and to raise awareness of the positive correlation between nanny training and quality care. This national initiative is part of Week of the Young Child, an annual celebration sponsored by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. On Saturday, April 29th nannies from all over the U.S and the UK and AUS will gather in their local communities at training events designed to meet their unique needs." nannypalooza.com
Each NNTD leader/host is responsible for the coordination of the event as well as for providing the local community with a tailored and custom array of unique workshops suited to fit the local industry's needs and interests. Each local host works on volunteer basis.
My goals as a community leader in Baltimore - and also as a Nanny who lives and works here - are to:
Always offer quality workshops and training events that meet currently accepted Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
To keep the community focused on our primary responsibilities as nanny professionals. The core of those responsibilities being: maintaining positive, empathic, and compassionate character building and learning opportunities for our charges within the setting and protection of a healthy, nurturing environment. A belief that I find is applicable to even the most mundane of childcare tasks.
Finally, as a community leader in a field that is routinely dismissed as trivial, a stop-gap or simply 'not a real job' it is my on-going goal to continue to raise the local Industry Standards, to gather qualified nanny professionals into community and to promote the importance of specialized, quality continued career training.
Important details to make note of:
- There will be no day-of/in person ticket sales for Baltimore's National Nanny Training Day 2017.
- No Refunds, all ticket sales are final. NO EXCEPTIONS **Because PNB hosts, plans and coordinates NNTD voluntarily ALL ticket sales go directly and immediately to covering NNTD costs. This is how I keep the ticket prices down and how I secure all of the necessary services**
- All attendees and participants must purchase tickets prior to and bring their printed ticket with them the day of. **One free entry will be given away based on need, if you know someone that would love to join but finds themselves unable to purchase please email Lindsey at ProNannyBaltimore@gmail.com for consideration through the PNB Further Career Training Scholarship Fund.**
- Each attendee must attend the entire training day/all workshops in totality in order to receive the Certificate of Completion.
- Raffle prize tickets are available for purchase the day of at a price of $5 each. All raffle prize sales go towards the PNB Further Career Training Scholarship Fund and covering the costs of NNTD.
- This is a professional training event: Please prepare and conduct yourself accordingly. No cell phone/social media use during workshops. No talking during presentations. No video or audio recording, etc.
- Professional Nannies of Baltimore retains the sole right, at its discretion to refuse sale or entry to anyone.
Interested Vendors please contact ProNannyBaltimore@gmail.com to inquire about purchasing table space.
Newborn Care Training Academy
Nanny Coaching Team
A to Z Nanny Contract from Nanny Care Hub
Party Lite by Debbie Ebberts
Bath Bombing Boutique by Ashley Roberts
(This list will continue to grow as we near the event, all paid attendees will receive updated lists by email. You must be in attendence to win.)
- Newborn Care Training Academy will be providing NNTD Baltimore with an online training course for one lucky winner.
- Nanny Coaching Team will be providing NNTD Baltimore with a free virtual conference for one lucky winner.
- INA will be providing NNTD Baltimore with one free membership for one lucky winner.
- A to Z Nanny Contract will be providing NNTD Baltimore with one contract for one lucky winner.
- Nannypalooza in conjunction with Homework Solutions will be providing NNTD attendees with a prize package for registration to the conference plus one night at the hotel to one lucky winner nationwide.
- Hungry Harvest is providing one full month of FREE Mini Harvests to one lucky winner.
- Dimitri Olive Oil is providing a gift basket for one lucky winner.