National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) Public Teleconference Mtg
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
NOTE: EPA will use your registration information solely for this event. We will not share your information with any third party.
Pre-registration for the April 22, 2015 NEJAC public teleconference meeting is now closed. The call in code for the meeting is 888-273-3506 pin number to give the operator is 23020280. The operator will ask you for some basic information before connecting you to the call.
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) will host a public teleconference meeting.
Date and Time:
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Public comment is from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
The primary topics of discussion will be:
NEJAC letters to the Administrator on:
- Refinery Rule
- Clean Power Rule
- Title VI
Pre-registration is required:
- Registration closes at 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time on Monday, April 20, 2015
- Deadline for public comment period sign-up, is also at 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time on Monday, April 20, 2015
- Please provide your name, organization, city and state, email address, and telephone number for follow up
- Please also state whether you would like to be put on the list to provide public comment, and whether you are submitting written comments before the Monday, April 20, 2015, deadline
- Non-English speaking attendees wishing to arrange for a foreign language interpreter may also make appropriate arrangements using the email address or telephone/fax number
Call in information will be sent to registrants only on Tuesday, April 21, 2015.
- Members of the public who wish to provide public comment must pre-register by 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time on Monday, April 20, 2015
- Individuals or groups making remarks during the public comment period will be limited to seven minutes
- To accommodate the number of people who wish to address the NEJAC, only one representative of a particular community, organization, or group will be allowed to speak
- Written comments can also be submitted for the record
- The suggested format for individuals providing public comments is as follows: name of speaker; name of organization/community; city and state; and email address; brief description of the concern, and what you want the NEJAC to advise EPA to do
- Written comments received by 6:00 p.m., Eastern Time on Monday, April 20, 2015, will be included in the materials distributed to the NEJAC prior to the teleconference
- Written comments received after that time will be provided to the NEJAC as time allows
- All written comments should be sent to Jasmin Muriel, EPA, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the NEJAC public comment guidelines
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT: Questions or correspondence concerning the teleconference meeting should be directed to Jasmin Muriel by email at email@example.com or telephone at 202-564-4287. Information about the NEJAC is available at: www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/nejac.
NEJAC, a federal advisory committee of the U.S. EPA
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC), a federal advisory committee to EPA was established September 30, 1993. The Council provides advice and recommendations about broad, cross-cutting issues related to environmental justice, from all stakeholders involved in the environmental justice dialogue. In addition, the NEJAC provides a valuable forum for discussions about integrating environmental justice with other EPA priorities and initiatives.