National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) Public Teleconference Mtg
Thursday, July 17, 2014 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
NOTE: EPA will use your registration information solely for this event. We will not share your information with any third party.
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) will host a public teleconference meeting.
Date and Time:
- Thursday, July 17, 2014.
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
- Public comment is from 3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
The primary topics of discussion will be:
- Recommendations for EPA's environmental justice policy for Tribes and Indigenous Peoples.
- Follow-up discussion about additional recommendations for ensuring environmental justice in goods movement.
- Updates from NEJAC workgroups.
Pre-registration is required:
- Registration closes at Noon Eastern Time on Monday, July 14, 2014.
- Deadline for public comment period sign-up, is also Noon, Eastern Time on Monday, July 14.
- Please provide your name, organization, city and state, email address, and telephone number for follow up.
- Please also state whether you would like to be put on the list to provide public comment, and whether you are submitting written comments before the Monday, July 14, 2014, noon deadline.
- Non-English speaking attendees wishing to arrange for a foreign language interpreter may also make appropriate arrangements using the email address or telephone/fax number.
Call in information will be sent to registrants only on Monday, July 14, 2014 AFTER 5:00 p.m.
- Members of the public who wish to provide public comment must pre-register by Noon Eastern Time on Monday, July 14, 2014.
- Individuals or groups making remarks during the public comment period will be limited to seven minutes.
- To accommodate the number of people who want to address the NEJAC, only one representative of a particular community, organization, or group will be allowed to speak.
- Written comments can also be submitted for the record.
- The suggested format for individuals providing public comments is as follows: name of speaker; name of organization/community; city and state; and email address; brief description of the concern, and what you want the NEJAC to advise EPA to do.
- Written comments received by Noon Eastern Time on Monday, July 14, 2014, will be included in the materials distributed to the NEJAC prior to the teleconference.
- Written comments received after that time will be provided to the NEJAC as time allows.
- All written comments should be sent to Jasmin Muriel, EPA, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read the NEJAC public comment guidelines.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT: Questions or correspondence concerning the teleconference meeting should be directed to Jasmin Muriel by email at email@example.com or telephone at 202-564-4287. Information about the NEJAC is available at: www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/nejac.
NEJAC, a federal advisory committee of the U.S. EPA
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC), a federal advisory committee to EPA was established September 30, 1993. The Council provides advice and recommendations about broad, cross-cutting issues related to environmental justice, from all stakeholders involved in the environmental justice dialogue. In addition, the NEJAC provides a valuable forum for discussions about integrating environmental justice with other EPA priorities and initiatives.