National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC) Public Meeting
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 1:00 PM (CDT)
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council Public Meeting
DATE AND TIME:
- Public Comment Period: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – 6:00 p.m., Central Time
- Public Meeting: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 – 8:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Central Time and Thursday, April 27, 2017 – 8:35 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Central Time
- The meeting discussion will focus on several topics including, but not limited to, environmental justice concerns of communities in Minneapolis, MN, and surrounding areas and proactive efforts of states to advance environmental justice.
- Final meeting agenda and any handouts will be sent out when registration closes.
- Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown, 618 Second Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
- Hotel Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-556-7827 or 1-612-338-2288 or clicking this booking link: U. S. Environmental Protection Agency NEJAC Spring Meeting
- Due to a limited space, seating at the NEJAC meeting will be on a first come, first-served basis. Pre-registration is highly suggested.
- Pre-registration for the April 26-27, 2017, meeting closes at 11:59 p.m., Central Time on Monday, April 17, 2017.
- The deadline to sign up to speak during the public comment period, or to submit written public comments, is 11:59 p.m., Central Time on Monday, April 17, 2017.
- Onsite registration for the meeting and public comment will be available at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis Northstar Downtown, 618 Second Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55402, on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, at 3:00 p.m. Central Time.
- If you cannot attend the meeting in-person, a limited number of phone lines will be available for participants to listen to the meeting proceedings only. Please leave this registration site and use the link below to register for the teleconference option: https://nejac-spring-public-teleconference-april-2017.eventbrite.com
- Please provide your name, organization, city and state, email address, and telephone number in the event we need to follow up with you.
- Please also indicate whether you would like to provide public comment during the meeting and whether you are submitting written comments before the Monday, April 17, 2017, deadline.
- Non-English speaking attendees wishing to arrange for a foreign language interpreter may make appropriate arrangements using the email address or telephone/fax number listed below or responding to the request for interpreter question on the registration form.
- Members of the public who wish to provide public comment during the meeting must pre-register by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on Monday, April 17, 2017.
- Individuals or groups making remarks during the public comment period will be limited to seven (7) minutes.
- To accommodate the number of people who want to address the NEJAC, only one representative of a particular community, organization, or group will be allowed to speak. Written comments can also be submitted for the record in person at the meeting or by email to email@example.com.
- The suggested format for individuals providing public comments is as follows: name of speaker; name of organization/community; city and state; and email address; brief description of the concern, and what you want the NEJAC to advise EPA to do.
- Written comments received by the registration deadline, will be included in the materials distributed to the NEJAC prior to the meeting. Written comments received after that time will be provided to the NEJAC as time allows.
- All written comments should be sent to Karen L. Martin, EPA, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read the NEJAC public comment guidelines at https://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/national-environmental-justice-advisory-council-guidelines-public-comment.
- For information about access or services for individuals requiring assistance, Karen L. Martin by email at email@example.com or telephone at 202-564-0203.
- To request special accommodations for a disability or other assistance, please submit your request at least fourteen (14) working days prior to the meeting, to give EPA sufficient time to process your request.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
- Questions or correspondence concerning the teleconference meeting should be directed to Karen L. Martin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at 202-564-0203.
- Information about the NEJAC is available at https://www.epa.gov/environmentaljustice/national-environmental-justice-advisory-council.
- Note: EPA will use your registration information for this event only. We will not share your information with any third party.
When & Where
NEJAC, a federal advisory committee of the U.S. EPA
The National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC), a federal advisory committee to EPA was established September 30, 1993. The Council provides advice and recommendations about broad, cross-cutting issues related to environmental justice, from all stakeholders involved in the environmental justice dialogue. In addition, the NEJAC provides a valuable forum for discussions about integrating environmental justice with other EPA priorities and initiatives.