Join us for this fundraising and sendoff event at the Phoenix Public Market for live music, local food and wine and friends in support of sending Natalie Morris to Italy for one year for an educational opportunity of a lifetime.
Who Will Be There:
- Chef Wade Moises, PastaBar featuring Double Check Ranch grass-fed beef
- Lara Hardwick, Petit Fromage featuring various artisan cheeses
- Chefs Dwayne and Danielle, The Breadfruit featuring Seacat Gardens' Heirloom Tomatoes and Maya's Farm
- Chef Elizabeth, Market Chef
- Mi Catering
- Royal at the Market more-than-fair trade Coffee
- Quench Fine Wines, featuring Arizona Stronghold
- Sam Pillsbury, the "diva" of Pillsbury Wines
- Patty Coughlin, Dos Cabezas Wineworks
- Tony Piccini, Pitcher of Nectar representing Prescott Brewing Co.
and local band Wizards of Time!
Pricing, Goal and Donations:
Our goal of $40,000 will be reached through the $35 entrance fee which includes food, drink, etc. and additional donations which will be taken at the event.
If you would like to donate but cannot attend the event, please see http://pledgie.com/campaigns/8035.
Having been accepted to the Master of Food Culture program at the Slow Food initiated school, The University of Gastronomic Sciences, is a tremendous honor. I am very fortunate to have 1 of the 50 spots made available to the approximately 1000 applicants worldwide. Having this opportunity allows me to study in northern Italy, the birthplace of Slow Food, and learn directly from its founder Carlo Petrini. With this degree and information learned, I hope to be able to return to Phoenix to impart my knowledge of food security and biodiversity and promote those farms and ranches who actively live by these standards.
It has taken me a year to get here, 6 months of which have been spent applying, and I sincerely appreciate all of you who have believed that I could reach this goal. Your financial support for my journey received on this night will go to assist with my tuition and living expenses so that I may accomplish my goals and pass on my knowledge learned. Thank you in advance for your support.