Join Rebecca Austin of Yoga On The Beach in Fort Walton Beach, Florida for a weekend of yoga, meditation, and relaxation at Coldwater Gardens. This three day experience includes six personalized sessions, garden to table vegetairian meals, garden tours, hiking in the beautiful Northwest Florida forests, and creekside meditation on private sandbars.
Overnight accommodations are available here Use promotion code: namaste
Friday night Introduction and intention flow:
Introductions and hour long moderate yoga practice inside the beautiful terrace to unwind from your week. Receive journals, sit by the fire and set an intention for your weekend. Hors d’oeuvres and light vegetarian fare served until 8pm.
Saturday morning sunrise meditation:
Sunrise Meditation by the Creek. Enjoy an early morning mile long walk through nature and then a simple gratitude meditation next to Coldwater Creek. Bring your journal and collect your thoughts by the water, or sit in quiet and take in your surroundings.
Breakfast: menu will be posted soon.
Saturday mid-morning yoga practice:
A rigorous practice to allow your body to feel strong, awake, and alive. Enjoy an outdoor practice on the beautiful lawn surrounded by tall trees, sounds of birds and wildlife, and overlooking the lush Coldwater Gardens.
Lunch & Garden Tour: menu will be posted soon.
Saturday afternoon Slow Flow and Yoga Nidra:
Slow down your yoga practice with lots of yin-like poses and longer holds. Then relax deeply in a yoga nidra practice. Yoga nidra is a deeply healing practice where you lie in a state between being awake and being asleep. After practice, open your eyes to the open sky and experience a state of peace that is beyond words. Then take some time to journal in nature, visit the gardens, or take a hike on some of the nearby hiking trails.
Dinner: menu will be posted soon.
Sunday morning sunrise meditation:
Take advantage of the openness of your mind in the early hours. Sunrise Meditation by the Creek. Enjoy an early morning mile long walk through nature and then a simple meditation and pranyama practice next to Coldwater Creek. Bring your journal and collect your thoughts by the water, or sit in quiet and take in your surroundings.
Breakfast: menu will be posted soon.
Sunday morning yoga practice:
Enjoy a moderate and fluid flow to allow the benefits of the weekend to settle into every corner of your body and mind. After a fluid practice, settle into a guided relaxation and soothing savasana.
List of things to bring:
1. Yoga Mat
2. Two Yoga Blocks
3. A sheet, towel, or blanket to place under yoga mat when we practice outside
4. 1 Yoga Strap (If you really don't want to buy a yoga strap, a scarf or longer belt would work.)
5. Large water bottle. Non-plastic is preferable and a great investment for the environment.
6. Pen or Pencils (Journal will be provided)
7. Blanket(s) to use for restorative postures or if you tend to chill easily
8. Extra yoga clothes. Note: This is a personal preference. When attending retreats, I like to wear a different set of yoga clothes for each practice. Lucky for me, stretchy pants don't usually take up too much space in the suitcase!
9. Camping Chair for fireside (optional)
10.Bathing Suit (optional)
For Meditation by the Creek:
1. Walking shoes (It is a mile walk one way down to the creek.)
2. (A sheet, towel, or blanket from the list above)
For general stay:
1. Sunscreen for outdoor practice
2. Bug Spray is optional. I would recommend a
3. Sunglass are optional.
5. Any snacks you may feel you will need.
6. Depending on the weather, you may want to dress in layers.
Dress for dinner/meals:
The general theme is casual and comfortable. You are welcome to stay in your yoga clothes for dinner or change into your "dinner attire." Anything goes my friends!