Theis is a 3-hour workshop for young women.
My Body, My Voice workshops will:
- Help attendees think about their bodies and their sexuality in new ways so that they can have a clear understanding of what, when, with whom, and why they engage in sexual activity. Our goal is for young women to feel they are making active and healthy choices.
- Improve attendees’ skills and ability to say “no” when they don’t want to engage in sexual activity and to say “yes” when they do.
My Body, My Voice workshops explore:
- Factors that can interfere with a young woman’s ability to see herself—and her body—with a sense of agency, not as an object;
- The role of peer pressure on sexuality, and sexual activity and ways to handle it;
- The desire to be found attractive by others;
- How drugs and alcohol can affect a young woman’s ability to interpret social cues, and her ability to say “yes” or “no.”
- How to manage the realities and risks in the age of “sexting,” Twitter, and revenge porn.