After the success of "Making Your Minority Identity Your Majesty" we are back on October 2nd with our second workshop in the series - "My Being is More Than My Body: How to escape from societal standards and embrace the authentic you."
Through a series of fun and therapeutic games and structured thought provoking discussion, this session will explore the various ways our body contributes to our self-esteem and confidence through topics of:
- bodily and sexual violence
- shadism, colourism and the natural hair debate
- physical and visible disability
- reproduction choices and womanhood
- make up and fashion
- sexualisation vs celibacy
- the body and self-harm via food, drinking, smoking, addiction and cognitive bodily disorders
We will also begin to understand the evolutionary psychological roots and origins of the relationship between our body, mind and self-confidence.
These workshops are aimed at providing females of colour a platform for personal growh, passion development and provoking thought; through feminine psychology and therapeutic principles.
In addition, attendees will recieve:
- FREE SNACKS & BEVERAGES
-FREE Handmade Thought Pad to jot down notes
- A chance to win a self-care kit with freebies provided by top hair and beauty brands.