digitalmusic.org's Music Startup Academy is returning to San Francisco as part of Sf MusicTech Week. Supported by the Application Developers Alliance (ADA), the program is designed to reduce the barriers of entry into the music business for app developers, music startups and entrepreneurs.
Additional meetup sessions to be added. Schedule below is preliminary and subject to change upon confirmation of new participants.
Welcome and digitalmusic.org Introduction by Bill Wilson
Label and Publishing Basics for Entrepreneurs
A deeper dive into the economics of the music industry, including performance rights, including understanding the various rights for master recordings and songwriting. We will also go over the various legal issues surrounding music product development.
- Vicki Nauman, President – North America, 7digital
- Rachel Scarpati, Account Executive, Business Development, The Harry Fox Agency
Music Industry Content Acquisition and Business Development
Want Lady Gaga for your music service? A cool product isn’t enough. What are the “dos and don’ts” in licensing vast libraries of major content. Learn the third rails and how to manage navigating around the barriers to entry.
- Yi Ping Ho, Sr. Dir. Digital Strategy & Business Development, Warner Music Group
- Shane Tobin, Dir. of Strategic Partnerships, The Echo Nest
- Cindy Charles, Cindy Charles Consulting
Lunch Sponsored By Mailchimp
Getting Under The Hood: Music Operations For CTOs and Developers
Once a deal is done on the legal side, technical teams need to work out content delivery and royalty reporting mechanisms. This course will discuss industry XML standards for content delivery, and royalty reporting, metadata, best practices, and troubleshooting.
- Josh Builder, CTO, The Orchard
- Darryl Ballantyne, Founder & CEO, LyricFind
2:45 - 3 PM
- Tameez Sunderji, Sr. Product Mgr., Rovi
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.