Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
"Music of the Night" Concerts in 2016
Back by popular demand! Our concerts sell-out every year and we’re proud again to present six concerts on the last two weekends of October 2016 – Oct. 13, 14, 15 and 20, 21, & 22! We invite you to join us for a delightful evening of music, refreshments, and a popular guided walking tour of historic Crown Hill Cemetery!
Presented by the Crown Hill Heritage Foundation, our “MUSIC OF THE NIGHT” concerts are something you won’t want to miss! Held in Crown Hill’s beautiful and historic Gothic Chapel (1875), our concerts feature professional organist Charles Manning as “The Phantom,” along with awesome “Phantom Vocalists,” Leah Crane and Eric Wickens. They will perform music from the famous “Phantom of the Opera,” as well as many familiar TV & movie themes that are sure to please. Mr. Manning and the “Phantom Vocalists” will fill the evening with their wonderful musical gifts as well as humor and drama.
But the fun continues! Following the concert we’ll serve tasty refreshments and then at approximately 9:15 p.m. you’ll be off to enjoy our ever-popular “Skeletons in the Closet, Part I” guided walking tour conducted by one of Crown Hill’s expert tour guides, Tom Davis. On this tour we’ll visit many graves and learn the secrets that some had thought they’d carried to their grave. (Please note that this is not a creepy tour about ghosts, just interesting facts.) The tour will last about an hour or so and will progress at a comfortable pace for most. Flashlights are recommended, along with good walking shoes. Please dress warmly; our tour takes us to the top of “The Crown” in the dark and it’s often chilly and windy in the late fall.
General Admission tickets are available for both the Main Chapel and the Vestibule of Crown Hill Cemetery’s beautiful Gothic Chapel. ***There are no reserved seats and seating is very limited.*** The concerts begin at 8:00 p.m. and doors to the Gothic Chapel open at 7:30 p.m. Seating in the chapel will feature chairs “in the round” facing the performers. Due to this very unique venue, if you have a ticket in the Main Chapel, you must be in your seat by 7:55 p.m. or you will be seated in the Vestibule for the entire concert. The Vestibule is the entryway of the Main Chapel with folding chairs and benches. Guests seated there will hear and enjoy the entire musical performance but will have a restricted view of the Phantom and a sometimes-limited view of the other performers. Please see our Google "Virtual Tour" of the Gothic Chapel to get a better understanding of the seating. On the tour, the first area you enter is the Vestible, and then you'll enter the Main Chapel. The Main Chapel seats will be set-up more "in the round," with the vocalists in the center.
Wheelchair Seating - do to the limited seating arrangements in the Main Chapel, one wheelchair seat is available for sale for each concert. Additional wheelchair seating is available in the Vestibule. If the Main Chapel wheelchair seat has been sold, please purchase one for another concert or purchase a general admission Vestibule seat. As with all concert tickets, this ticket includes refreshments following the concert and our popular “Skeletons in the Closet” guided walking tour. If attending the tour using a wheelchair, please note that the tour will remain on the paved road the vast majority of the time. Crown Hill has "rolling hills" which may be challenging for some guests. Going up to the top of the Crown is a very steep incline, which is not advised for wheelchairs or those which difficulties walking up and down inclines. The tour will come down from the Crown the same way they went up, and guests can rejoin the tour group at the bottom.
- You must enter Crown Hill’s 34th Street and Boulevard Place stone gate for the concert. The address is 3400 Boulevard Place. (The 38th Street gate will be locked.)
- Visitors will not be admitted into Crown Hill past 6:00 pm without a concert ticket for that date.
- Free & plentiful parking!
- For admittance you must PRINT YOUR TICKET AND BRING IT WITH YOU.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Doors to the Gothic Chapel open at 7:30 p.m. and the concerts begin at 8:00 p.m. There is no reserved seating.
- If you have a ticket in the Main Chapel, you must be in your seat by 7:55 p.m. or you will be seated in the Vestibule for the entire concert.
- These concerts are not recommended for children under 8 years old.
- The “Skeletons in the Closet” walking tour and refreshments are included in the concert ticket. “Tour Only” tickets are not available.
- Wheelchair seating - one seat is available for sale in the Main Chapel and additional wheelchair seating is available in the Vestibule. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns.
- Be sure to visit us online at http://crownhillhf.org/ for more info about these Concerts, our Tours Program and other great events.
- For more information, please contact Marianne at (317) 920-4165 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.