Actions and Detail Panel
"Music of the Night" Concert (FRIDAY, 10/27/17)
Fri, Oct 27, 2017, 8:00 PM
"Music of the Night" Concerts in 2017
Back by popular demand! Our concerts sell-out every year and we’re proud again to present six concerts on the last two weekends of October 2017 – Oct. 19, 20, 21 and 26, 27, & 28! We invite you to join us for a delightful evening of music, refreshments, and a popular guided walking tour of historic Crown Hill Cemetery!
Presented by the Crown Hill Heritage Foundation, our “MUSIC OF THE NIGHT” concerts are something you won’t want to miss! Held in Crown Hill’s beautiful and historic Gothic Chapel (1875), our concerts feature professional organist Charles Manning as “The Phantom,” along with awesome “Phantom Vocalists,” Leah Crane and Eric Wickens. They will perform music from the famous “Phantom of the Opera,” as well as many familiar TV & movie themes that are sure to please. Mr. Manning and the “Phantom Vocalists” will fill the evening with their wonderful musical gifts as well as humor and drama.
But the fun continues! Following the concert we’ll serve tasty refreshments and then at approximately 9:25 p.m. you’ll be off to enjoy our ever-popular “Skeletons in the Closet, Part I” guided walking tour conducted by one of Crown Hill’s expert tour guides, Tom Davis. On this tour we’ll visit many graves and learn the secrets that some had thought they’d carried to their grave. (Please note that this is not a creepy tour about ghosts, just interesting facts. And it's funny.) The tour will last about an hour and ten minutes (approximately) and will progress at a comfortable pace for most. Flashlights are recommended, along with good walking shoes. Please dress warmly; our tour takes us to the top of “The Crown” in the dark and it’s often chilly and windy in the late fall. (In the event of rain, the tour will proceed if the rain is light or it will be offered at a later date for free. The tour guide will announce that information after the concert.)
General Admission tickets are available for both the Main Chapel and the Vestibule of Crown Hill Cemetery’s beautiful Gothic Chapel. ***There are no reserved seats and seating is very limited.*** The concerts begin at 8:00 p.m. and doors to the Gothic Chapel open at 7:30 p.m. Seating in the chapel will feature chairs “in the round” facing the performers. Due to this very unique venue, if you have a ticket in the Main Chapel, you must be in your seat by 7:55 p.m. or you will be seated in the Vestibule for the entire concert. The Vestibule is the entryway of the Main Chapel with folding chairs and benches. Guests seated there will hear and enjoy the entire musical performance but will have a restricted view of the Phantom and sometimes a limited view of the other performers. There are two TV monitors to aid in your viewing. Please see our Google "Virtual Tour" of the Gothic Chapel to get a better understanding of the seating. On the virtual tour, the first area you enter is the Vestible, and then you'll enter the Main Chapel. The Main Chapel seats will be set-up more "in the round," with the vocalists in the center.
Wheelchair Seating - do to the very limited seating arrangements in the Main Chapel, one wheelchair seat is available for sale for each concert. Additional wheelchair seating is available in the Vestibule. If the Main Chapel wheelchair seat has been sold, you will need to purchase a wheelchair seat for another concert or purchase a general admission Vestibule seat. As with all concert tickets, this ticket includes refreshments following the concert and our popular “Skeletons in the Closet” guided walking tour. If attending the tour using a wheelchair, please note that the tour will remain on the paved road the vast majority of the time. Crown Hill has "rolling hills" which may be challenging for some guests. Going up to the top of the Crown is a very steep incline, which is not advised for wheelchairs or those which difficulties walking up and down inclines. The tour will come down from the Crown the same way they went up, and guests can rejoin the tour group at the bottom.
This Evening's Timeline!
6:30 pm - 34th Street gate opens; must have ticket for this evening's concert for gate entry
7:30 pm - Gothic Chapel front door opens for admission
7:45 pm - Free raffle of cool stuff and Q&A with Tour Guide and Historian Tom Davis (must be present to win!)
7:55 pm - All guests with Main Chapel tickets must be seated or will be seated in the Vestibule
8:00 pm sharp! - The Phantom begins his Music of the Night!
9:05 pm (approx.) - Refreshments are served! You can't go wrong with Long's donuts & hot apple cider!
9:25 pm (approx.) - Skeletons in the Closet I tour begins outside the front door of the Gothic Chapel for concert ticket holders
10:40 pm (approx.) - Tour concludes, please exit the cemetery slowly and be alert for deer
- You must enter Crown Hill’s 34th Street and Boulevard Place stone gate for the concert, which opens at 6:30 pm. The address is 3400 Boulevard Place. (The 38th Street gate will be locked.)
- Visitors will not be admitted into Crown Hill after 6:30 pm without a concert ticket for that date.
- Free & plentiful parking!
- For admittance you must PRINT YOUR TICKET AND BRING IT WITH YOU.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Doors to the Gothic Chapel open at 7:30 p.m. and the concerts begin at 8:00 p.m sharp! There is no reserved seating.
- If you have a ticket in the Main Chapel, you must be in your seat by 7:55 p.m. or you will be seated in the Vestibule for the entire concert.
- These concerts are not recommended for children under 8 years old.
- The “Skeletons in the Closet” walking tour and refreshments are included in the concert ticket. “Tour Only” tickets are not available.
- Wheelchair seating - one seat is available for sale in the Main Chapel and additional wheelchair seating is available in the Vestibule. If you purchase a ticket not designated for a wheelchair, we will not be able to accomodate you in the chapel. Please contact us if you have questions or concerns.
- Be sure to visit us online at http://crownhillhf.org/ for more info about these Concerts, our Tours Program and other great events.
- For more information, please contact Marianne at (317) 920-4165 or send an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your support of the Crown Hill Heritage Foundation! Please join us again!