Actions and Detail Panel
Music City Speed Strength & Ball Camp
Sat, Apr 22, 2017, 8:00 AM – Sun, Apr 23, 2017, 2:00 PM CDT
2 Day Speed, Strength and Ball Camp for Limb-Different Kids
Hosted by Amputee Blade Runners and NubAbility Athletics Foundation
Sponsored by Fillauer, Dick's Sporting Goods, CrossFit Melrose and the Generous Donors of ABR and NA!
Join Leaders in the Adaptive Sports World for Youth Athletes with Limb-Differences, for a Day of Running, Speed, Strength and Agility! Then, Join NubAbility's Coaches for a Day of Baseball & Softball Skills & Drills!
In CELEBRATION of their partnering to get more kids with limb-differences in the GAME of Sport & Life, Amputee Blade Runners and NubAbility Athletics Foundation are holding this 2-Day Event in Nashville, TN. Get your athlete ready for spring and summer sports and register today!
DAY 1 SESSION 1: Speed
April 22, 2017 Nashville, TN 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Running Clinic by the Amputee Blade Runners
Hillsboro High School Track
3812 Hillsboro Pike
Nashville, TN 37215
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration
- All Limb-different Youth ages 4-17 (Upper/Lower/Both) Do Not need to have a running blade to participate!
- Siblings are welcomed to participate (Must have completed the 1st grade)
- Running Technique Evaluation
- Running Technique and Form Instruction
- Speed Drills
- Prosthetic Information
- Limb-different Running Coaches & Mentors
- They can make anyone run FASTER and run STRONGER
DAY 1 SESSION 2: Strength, Agility & P.E. SKILLS
Strong Camp by NubAbility Athletics Foundation
2022 Lindell Ave
- 1:00p.m. Check-In
- 1:15 Welcome & Warm-up NubAbility Style
- Musco/Skeletal Symmetry Evaluations
- Demo of Upper Adaptive Equipment like hooks and jump ropes for cardio and upper body strength training.
- Demo of Lower Adaptive Equipment for lower body/core strength training
- Agility Drills
- Sport Specific Drills for older youth
- P.E. Skills for younger youth
- Games, competitions, sweat & FUN!
- NubAbility coaches/mentors with all limb-differences will be sweating alongside the youth athletes!
$25.00 Registration Fee per Limb-Different Youth and Sibling
$15.00 Per Additional Shirt for Non-participants.
Day 2 Optional Swing For the Fences, Field and Throw Ball Camp
MUST PURCHASE THE ADDITIONAL TICKET OPTION TO BE REGISTERED FOR THIS DAY.
- D1 Sports Training, 7115 Springs Dr. Franklin, TN 37067
- 10:00 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Get your spring & summer game ready with baseball & softball fundamentals for limb-different athletes and thier siblings.
- This is a Skills Drill Camp. NubAbility Ball Coaches Sam Kuhnert, Katelyn Pavey, and Sam Rudloff will work on the various fundamentals for both upper and lower limb-different youth.
- Glove Transfer
- Field and Throw
- Situational Play
- Pitching Evaluation and Instruction
- Batting Stance, Grip & Swing
- Balance and Agility
- All participants will star in a video project that highlights the abilities of limb-different ball players.
- Swing For the Fences T-Shirt for Participants.
- $20.00 per athlete registration
All Participants of both Days will recieve:
- Event Shirt
- Swag Bag
- Excellent Athletic Coaching to move their game to the next level!
LUNCH NOT INCLUDED AT THIS TIME. Sponsorhsip for Lunch is Available. We will let participants know ASAP.
Lodging is blocked at 2 neighboring hotels with discounted rates. Please use the Group Code NubAbility when booking. Breakfast included at Residence Inn. Grab & Go + Starbucks is available at the Courtyard.
Please reserve room NO LATER THAN APRIL 1st!
1. Courtyard Marriott Cool Springs
2001 Meridian Blvd.
Franklin TN 37067
$169.00 Per Night
2. Residence Inn Cool Springs;
2009 Meridian Blvd.
Franklin, TN 37067
(615) 778-0002 Phone
$179.00 Per Night
Camp Social: Friday April 21st, in Franklin, TN. Location TBA, promises to be full of Music City Talent and Tastes! We will email you the details as soon as they are firmed up.
For any Questions regarding this event, please email: Info@NubAbility.org or AmputeeBladeRunners@gmail.com