Actions and Detail Panel
MTC3 Does Lorie's Lakeside Century 2017
Sat, September 16, 2017, 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
Ride Date: 9/16/2017
Ride Arrival Time: 6:45am for photos. Century riders will leave at 7am.
Ride Departure Time: 7:00 AM
Ride End Time: 5:00 PM (Or whenever you finish)
Ride Start Location: Liberty Bible Church, 824 North Calumet Avenue in Chesterton, IN 46304 (you may be misdirected 5 miles away without adding NORTH and AVENUE to your GPS/map search), easily accessible from the Indiana Toll Road (I-90), 80/94, and US 30, and less than an hour from downtown Chicago.
Ride Distance: Multiple Options 26/39/62/75/100
Pace: Average/Rolling Speed: Supported century so riders set their own pace
Drop or No Drop Ride: No Drop
Ride Route and Description:
Ride through Victorian-era towns and farmland on scenic back roads and enjoy incredible views along Lake Michigan. Rest and re-group at sag stops. The terrain is flat to gently rolling, hilly but no “killers.” All routes travel to Lake Michigan and the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
Ride Leader Name: dian sourelis
Ride Leader Phone: (773) 848-3400
Rider Leader Email: email@example.com
Additional Information: Co leader: James Davis, (312) 498-1245, firstname.lastname@example.org
Century riders must be on the route no later than 8am.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL MAJOR TAYLOR CHICAGO RIDES!
WHAT TO BRING TO AN MTC3 RIDE:
Part of being a good cyclist is having the tools and accessories necessary to be self-sufficient, safe, and ready to ride. Below is a general list of items to bring and a to-do list to be ready for an MTC3 ride.
- Gear Bag: buy a gear bag (saddle bag is recommended) and stock it with the basics – extra tube, tire tools, a small multi-tool, and either a mini-pump or a CO2 cartridge set.
- Tire Pressure: pump your tires up before coming to the ride, or bring a floor pump that you can use in the parking lot before the ride. If you need help, MTC3 ride leaders will be there to help you learn.
- Your bike: Give it a quick inspection. Spin the wheels to make sure they aren’t rubbing. Do the gears shift accurately and easily? Does everything seem to be in order? This is called an ABC check. (Air, Brakes, and Chain)
- Hydration/Food: Remember to bring water/sports drink and maybe an energy snack (bar, gel, banana, etc).
- Optional items: The following will make your ride more enjoyable, but aren’t absolutely necessary. Cycling gloves, sunglasses, cycling shoes and clipless pedals, padded cycling shorts.
- Be on Time: MTC3 rides leave promptly at the advertised time. Get to the start of the ride with plenty of time to get yourself and your bike ready to roll with soul!